- 1 Update Teasers
- 2 Changes
- 3 Tibia Website Changes
- 4 Chronology
- 5 Revamp of Venore and surrounding areas
- 6 Expansion of Kazordoon mines and ore wagon system
- 7 Other adjusted areas
- 8 Island of Destiny: Festival of Initiates
- 9 Adventurer's Guild
- 10 Trades
- 11 New Quests
- 12 New Achievements
- 13 New Items
- 14 New Outfits
- 15 New Mounts
- 16 New NPCs
- 17 New Creatures
- 18 New Objects
- 19 New Spells
- 20 New Hunting Places
- 21 New Documents
- 22 Update Images
- Venore received a revamp, with new swamp-themed creatures.
- A lorry was added to Kazordoon, as well as many improvements to its mines.
- The Adventurer's Guild was added.
- The Demon Outfits were added.
- Changes have been made to the character speed formula. Characters lower than 175 will notice an increase in their walk speed, while characters higher than 175 will notice a decrease (i.e., they will gain less speed at higher levels).
- The walk speed of underwater tiles has been adjusted.
- Changes to the monster area of effect (AoE) have been made so that monsters cannot hit each other with offensive spells, and they cannot affect players with support spells. Certain exceptions have been made to ensure quests requiring this can still be completed.
- Characters below 150 health points will have a much faster Hit Points regeneration rate.
- After dying and re-logging your server log is kept, you will see a message: You were killed by <player>
- Furniture Shopkeeper NPCs do not longer sell Christmas Decoration during christmas time, instead this stuff is sold by a new type of NPCs called messengers of Santa.
- To ensure the Knight can use their basic healing spell, all characters had their mana increased by 5. Newly created characters will start with 5 mana.
Tibia Website Changes
- The background was changed from this artwork to another one, featuring the new theme featuring Golden Statue, Demon Outfits, Goblin Merchant, Water Buffalo (Mount), Corym, Marsh Stalker, Swampling and The Lost, (see it here).
See also: Tibia Background Artworks
- CipSoft announced a contest on October 31 in which players could suggest the name for a new rat race (temporarily called Rat men) that will be implemented with the Winter Update. Names could be submitted on the respective thread.
- The contest results were announced on November 9. The winning name was Corym, suggested by Bunny Luv. Also, a sneak peek was published at the Tibia Facebook Page showing the Old Lighthouse in Venore with a new look.
- On November 15 the first update teaser was released. It gives further information on the revamp of Venore and the swamps to the south-east, and mentions new creatures and daily tasks.
- The second update teaser was released on November 21. It mentions changes to the character speed formula, the Kazordoon ore wagon system and more. It also reveals the new Demon Outfits.
- Snippets from Testa and Testera, the third update teaser, was released on November 29. It includes screenshots from the private test server and mentions the new goblin merchant Rafzan.
- On December 4, the test server was opened to all premium players. As usual, a monster rampage happened later that day.
- Released on December 6, the fourth and last teaser introduces the Pending State, a new feature that improves the character login process. The expansion of the Island of Destiny and the new Child of Destiny Quest are mentioned.
- On December 7, the test server was opened to free account players. Four days later, on December 11, test servers ended.
- The winter update has been released on December 12. So far, 3 batches of bug fixes have been released.
Revamp of Venore and surrounding areas
The swamps south and east of the city will also get revamped and crossing it will be made easier and more interesting. The Goblin Merchant Quest, containing 6 daily tasks plus 3 Production Site tasks which can also be done by Free Account players, will be added to the area. These tasks are aimed at low leveled characters but can still be done at higher levels.
Two new caves were added. The Venore Salamander Cave contains Swamplings, Salamanders, Marsh Stalkers, and Emerald Damselflys can be found near the south entrance of Venore, here.
The Venore Corym Cave contains Little Corym Charlatans, Corym Charlatans, Corym Skirmishers, and Corym Vanguard and can be found here in the swamp east of Venore.
Expansion of Kazordoon mines and ore wagon system
The dwarven city of Kazordoon is much more accessible. A new lorry system has been added to transport players to a new Flying Carpet and two areas outside of The Big Old One. In addition, there are a few additional NPCs who sell ore wagon tickets: Gewen and the Lukosh Brothers.
All of the Dwarf Mines have been revamped slightly. They now have muddy floor textures and wall lamps, and walls have been adjusted. The Lost now inhabit the depths of 4 of the 7 mines, as well as a small room in Mount Sternum Undead Cave. A Corym lair (also with dragons) has been added that can be accessed from Kazordoon as well as Carlin. Also, the city mine has been extended to include a section with Giant Spiders, Wyverns, Earth Elementals and Drill Worms.
- Old Ore Mine (here)
- Splintered Stone Mine (here)
- Bright Ledge Mine (here)
- Diggers Depths Mine (here)
- Pick 'N Shovel Mine (here)
- Drunken Fellow Mine (here)
Other adjusted areas
- Corym can also be found in the Tiquanda Corym Cave, found here.
- Several extra Hydras and Serpent Spawns have been added to Deeper Banuta.
- The Hydra and Behemoth caves in the Forbidden Lands have been enlarged and now include additional floors.
- Extra Grim Reapers have been added to Cemetery Quarter and Drefia Grim Reaper Dungeons.
- Infernalists have been added to Demona.
Island of Destiny: Festival of Initiates
The Island of Destiny is expanded with an area south of the island. On this part of the island tents are set up to hold the Festival of Initiates, where you can get more information to help you choosing a Vocation. This festival is organized by the inhabitants of the Island of Destiny.
First Neill teaches about melee fighting. Secondly Tylius tells about magich fighting using a wand/rod. Then Shanoya tells about distance fighting using spears. Fourth Salbra tells about magic: spells and runes. You will start the Child of Destiny Quest with her. After this you can kill some more Party Skeletons to train your skills or proceed to the old part of the Island of Destiny.
Some changes were made here as well:
- Druid Yandur now teaches you Apprentice's Strike upon becoming a Druid.
- Other changes to other vocation teachers (?)
Some new trades are posted on the tibia test forum, here, with adjustments here and here. In addition changes to Furniture Shopkeeper NPCs (at least of Venore) were made for the new venore furniture and Black Bert received some new quest items in his trade list.
|Pair of Iron Fists||4,000||Rashid|
|Buckle||7,000 (was 500)||Rashid|
|Helmet of the Lost||2,000 (was 750)||Rashid|
|Damselfly Wing||20||Malunga, Yasir|
|Damselfly Eye||25||Malunga, Yasir|
|Marsh Stalker Beak||65||Grizzly Adams, Yasir|
|Marsh Stalker Feather||50||Grizzly Adams, Yasir|
|Cheese Cutter||50||Fiona, Yasir|
|Cheesy Figurine||150||Grizzly Adams, Yasir|
|Swampling Moss||20||Malunga, Yasir|
|Piece of Swampling Wood||30||Malunga, Yasir|
|Lost Basher's Spike||280||Fiona, Yasir|
|Bloody Dwarven Beard||110||Fiona, Yasir|
|Bonecarving Knife||190||Malunga, Yasir|
|Wimp Tooth Chain||120||Fiona, Yasir|
|Lost Husher's Staff||250||Fiona, Yasir|
|Skull Shatterer||170||Fiona, Yasir|
|Holy Ash||160||Fiona, Yasir|
|Broken Throwing Axe||230||Fiona, Yasir|
|Lost Bracers||140||Fiona, Yasir|
|Mad Froth||80||Fiona, Yasir|
|Red Hair Dye||40||Fiona, Yasir|
|Basalt Fetish||210||Fiona, Yasir|
|Basalt Figurine||160||Fiona, Yasir|
|Name||Min Level||Rec Level||Prem||Location||Reward||Implemented|
|Child of Destiny Quest||0||?||✗||Festival of Initiates||Mean Knight Sword, Studded Shield, Small Health Potion, Sorc and Druid Staff, 3 Meat, 3 Mean Paladin Spears, 10 Lightest Magic Missile Runes, 1 Mana Potion||9.8|
|Demon Outfits Quest||100||150+||✓||Edron, Plains of Havoc||Demon outfit and addons, achievement True Dedication
|Goblin Merchant Quest||0||35||✗||Venore||5200 exp, 1100 gp, achievement Task Manager||9.8|
|Venore Daily Tasks Quest||0||15||✗||Venore||Daily: 1,000 Exp, 1,000 gp.||9.8|
|Task Manager||2||✗||✓||Helping a poor, stupid goblin to feed his starving children and wifes feels good ... if you'd only get rid of the strange feeling that you're missing something.|
|True Dedication||5||✓||✓||You conquered the demon challenge and prevailed... now show off your success in style!|
|Bloody Dwarven Beard||0.70|
|Bottle with Rat Urine||1.00|
|Broken Throwing Axe||11.00|
|Can of Oil||19.00|
|Canopy Bed Kit||40.00|
|Healing Rune for Druids||2.10|
|Helmet of the Lost||35.00|
|Lightest Magic Missile Rune||0.21|
|Lost Basher's Spike||2.20|
|Lost Husher's Staff||8.00|
|Marsh Stalker Beak||1.10|
|Marsh Stalker Feather||0.30|
|Mean Knight Sword||20.00|
|Mean Paladin Spear||10.00|
|Pair of Iron Fists||45.00|
|Perfume Gatherer (Filled)||3.50|
|Perfume Gatherer (Final)||3.50|
|Perfume Gatherer (First)||3.50|
|Perfume Gatherer (Second)||3.50|
|Perfume Gatherer (Third)||3.50|
|Piece of Swampling Wood||3.50|
|Rat God Doll||7.50|
|Red Hair Dye||2.10|
|Sorc and Druid Attack Rune||0.21|
|Sorcerer and Druid Staff||19.00|
|Tiny Healing Rune||2.10|
|Venorean Cabinet Kit||80.00|
|Venorean Drawer Kit||20.00|
|Venorean Wardrobe Kit||25.00|
|Wimp Tooth Chain||2.40|
|Name||Male Outfit||Male Addons||Female Outfit||Female Addons||Type||Premium|
|Demon Outfits||Quest Outfits||yes|
|Water Buffalo (Mount)||Use Leech on a Water Buffalo.|
|Barnacles||✗||Due to their strong suction they are very hard to remove from whatever they have attached themselves to.|
|Beams||✗||These support the roof sheltering The Hard Rock.|
|Big Venorean Table||✗||They come in a few lengths like 1x2, 1x3, 1×4, and 1×6.|
|Broken Wooden Ladder||✗||You can't use it because it's broken. If you try to, you'll see this message:
The ladder tries hard to look stable and trustworthy, you are not yet convinced.
|Candelabra||✗||They illuminate the area around them with a radius of 1 square meters.|
|Candle (Venorean)||✗||Candles can be turned on by selecting the use option on the wall it is attached to. Candles can only be on the south or east side of a wall.|
See also: Lit Candle (Venorean)
|Copper Roof||✗||Usually found covering some Pencil Towers.|
|Cord||✗||It strongly resembles a Rope Railing.|
|Counter (Brown)||✗||Counters can be found from 1x1 sqm to 1x8. They provide the base for depot boxes and the space between the boxes in Venore, and all player-owned Guildhalls. The also separate some Shopkeeper NPCs from their customers or are used to hold wares.|
|Counter (Cyan)||✗||Counters can be found from 1x1 sqm to 1x8. They separate some Shopkeeper NPCs from their customers.|
|Golden Statue||✗||It blocks missiles.|
|Lit Candle (Venorean)||✗||Candles can be turned off by selecting the use option on the wall. Candles can only be on the south or east side of a wall.|
See also: Candle (Venorean)
|Magic Door||✗||Use it to get teleported into or out of Eclesius' house. There are two known doors: a free-standing door outside of the Adventurer's Guild, and one built in the house of Eclesius.|
|Parquet Floor||✓||A luxurious type of floor tile.|
|Pencil Tower||✗||Sometimes they are overgrown by Stone Lichen. Some of them are covered by a Copper Roof.|
|Pillar Vine||✗||It grows up against pillars.|
|Plaster||✓||It is tile made of plaster.|
|Quagmire Moss||✗||When you don't really care about your house it might get overgrown by moss.|
|Ramp (Muddy)||✓||If you walk on the higher part of it, you will appear on a floor upstairs.. Some of these ramps, however, have crumbled over the ages and are incomplete.|
|Sign (Smith)||✗||Contains information about the Smith shop (sometimes including Armor shop).|
|Sign (Tavern)||✗||Contains information about the local Tavern.|
|Small Cortinarius Mushroom||✓||These tiny mushrooms look like grey specks.|
|Small Gomphidius Mushroom||✓||It very much resembles a Cat's Food Mushroom.|
|Small Window||✗||It can be used to open or close it.|
|Soup Kettle||✗||Soup is being prepared in here.|
|Statue of the Merchant||✗||It depicts Rafzan, the goblin merchant.|
|Stone Pillars||✗||They can sometimes be found between parts of a Stone Wall (Venore).|
|Stone Wall (Venore)||✗||One of many stone walls in the world of Tibia.|
|Strange Symbols (Venore I)||✗||If you translate the smaller dots to a zero and the larger dots to a one, you could say it contains a binary pattern, with 8 bits per line:
01010110 01100101 01101110 01101111 01110010 01100101
|Strange Symbols (Venore II)||✗||If you translate the smaller dots to a zero and the larger dots to a one, you could say it contains a binary pattern, with 8 bits per line:
00110000 01100011 00110000 00110100 00110001 01100001 00110000 00110110
|Strange Symbols (Venore III)||✗||If you translate the smaller dots to a zero and the larger dots to a one, you could say it contains a binary pattern, with 8 bits per line:
00110000 00110000 00110000 01100001 00110010 00110010 00110000 01100100
|Street Lamp (Venorean Lit)||✗||Lit street lamps can be turned off by selecting the use option on their square meter.
|Street Lamp (Venorean)||✗||Street Lamps can be turned on by selecting the use option on their square meter.
|Terracotta||✓||It is tile made of terracotta.|
|Venorean Bench||✓||You can sit on it.|
|Venorean Spice||✓||You can cut it with a Machete, Heavy Machete, Whacking Driller of Fate, Sneaky Stabber of Eliteness or Squeezing Gear of Girlpower. Venorean Spice is the main export from Venore. Samples can be purchased at Crunor's Finest Warehouse.|
|Wanted Note||✗||There are criminals on the loose.|
Click Here to Show/Hide Spoiler Information
Spoiler warning: Quest and/or game spoiling details follow. (Settings: hidden content)
The notes in Venore say nothing, but the ones in Issavi say:
Spoiler ends here.
|Window||✗||It can be used to open or close it. Some of them may be very big and completely cover a building's facade:|
|Wooden Floor (Venore)||✓||One of many types of wooden floor in the world of Tibia.|
|Apprentice's Strike||exori min flam||✗||8||6||0||Attack||Shoots a weak fire missile at the selected target up to 3 square meters away. If no target is selected, the damage is focused on the single square right in front of the caster.|
|Practise Fire Wave||exevo dis flam hur||✗||1||5||0||Attack||Shoots a fire attack in the shape of a cone in the direction the caster is looking, similar to Fire Wave.|
|Practise Healing||exura dis||✗||1||5||0||Healing||Restores 4-7 health. (Cures paralysis?.)|
|Practise Magic Missile||adori dis min vis||✗||1||5||0||Support||Makes 10 Practise Magic Missile Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Shoots a weak attack that causes Energy Damage.|
New Hunting Places
|Name||City||Knight Attack||Knight Shielding||Pally Level||Pally Distance||Pally Shielding||Mage Level||Location||Rating Exp||Rating Loot|
|Carlin Corym Cave||Carlin||40||50||50||35||50||35||Under the King's Gulf between Carlin and Kazordoon, here.|
|Carlin Dragon Lair||Carlin||70||75||75||55||80||50||Bottom of the Carlin Corym Cave between Carlin and Kazordoon.|
|Caves of the Lost||Kazordoon||130||85||85||110||90||110||Bottom of various Dwarf Mines,|
|Drillworm Caves||Kazordoon||120||90||90||90||95||90||South end of the city mine in Kazordoon (here).|
|Kazordoon Dragon Lair||Kazordoon||50||80||80||55||75||40||The Big Old One, here.|
|Tiquanda Corym Cave||Port Hope||50||75||75||South side of the river in Port Hope, here.|
|Venore Corym Cave||Venore||40||50||50||35||50||35||East of Venore, here.|
|Venore Salamander Cave||Venore||8||15||15||8||15||7||Venore, near the south gate.|
|New Hero (Book)||The Adventurers' Guild bids you welcome.|