The 2015 Summer Update was released on July 21, 2015. Its version number is 10.8. Short teasers for this update started being released on May 5, followed by teasers every 2–3 days, which is unlike previous teasers from previous updates.
- Old Trails Lead To New Discoveries! (I)
- Old Trails Lead To New Discoveries! (II)
- Old Trails Lead To New Discoveries! (III)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (IV)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (V)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (VI)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (VII)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (VIII)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (IX)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (X)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (XI)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (XII)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (XIII)
- Further Summer Update Stuff
- This FAQ will be removed some time after the update goes live. It's to answer questions that users might have about the update.
Q: Are they really nerfing runes?
- A: No. It was planned as a major feature of this update. However, on 13th of July, CipSoft decided against this change.
Hello dear testers!
I’m sorry you had to wait so long for a proper answer, but now I’ve got news regarding the adjustment of rune and ammunition damage.
After we discussed your feedback as well as the topic per se internally, we came to a final conclusion.
We won’t release this feature as a part of this summer update.
However, it's not sure if we take it out of our test worlds today or in the course of this week. So please don’t wonder about the rune and ammo damage in here. It won’t come to life on regular gaming worlds.
As you already pointed out, there are many things which require more work in order to release this as a satisfactory feature.
We want to properly address the concerns and ideas you brought up within this topic, perhaps also via preview states on Aurora and Aurera. But please note there are no precise plans yet regarding if and when we will take on this project. We will let you know in advance if any news rises up in that field of work.
Again, thank you a lot for all your engagement and your feedback. It was (and is) very valuable.
Q: What changes have been made to loot of existing creatures?
- Elder Bonelord: now drops Bonelord Eyes
- Retching Horror: addition of rare items?
- Choking Fear: addition of rare items?
- Corym Vanguard: ?
- Corym Skirmisher: ?
- Corym Charlatan: ?
- Wild Warrior: ?
- Orc Berserker: ?
- Lizard Sentinel: ?
- Kongra: ?
- Werewolf: now drops Werewolf Fangs
- Ancient Scarab: now drops Springsprout Rods
- Water Elemental: ?
- Massive Water Elemental: ?
- Waspoid: ?
Q: How should I prepare myself for this update?
- Red Piece of Cloth will likely go down in price thanks to the new Hero Fortress. Sell them if you can.
- Bonelord Eye will likely go down in price thanks to the new Bonelord Cave. Elder Bonelords now drop eyes as well. Sell them if you can.
- Premium Scrolls will be removed from the game, converted into Tibia Coins. It might be a good idea to sell them now, but perhaps not.
Q: What new hunting grounds are available for high levels?
Q: What new hunting grounds are available for low levels?
- A: A lot more tasking dungeons. Although there are a lot of dungeons aimed at low levels, this list contains the few good ones:
New Features and Changes
- The Store is introduced along with its currency Tibia Coins.
- Mount-specific achievements for mounts tameable in-game (inspired by this proposal).
- Gnomission, Grizzly Adams, and Rashid now buy a larger variety of items (inspired by this proposal).
- You can no longer sell items to your own characters on The Market.
- The teleporters to the Demonwar Crypt and Fazzrah have been moved so that they can be accessed easier.
- No longer being implemented! Weak Ammunition and Runes: Runes and Munitions bought from NPCs and looted from Creatures were to become 20% less effective than their self-made counterparts (inspired by this proposal).
- Self-made runes and munitions were to sparkle to allow easy recognition.
New Locations / Hunting Places
- Terramite Breeding Tunnels, located here
- Nightmare Isles (Mini World Change), accessed through a portal here, here or here
- Kha'zeel Dragon Lairs/Tiquanda, accessed here or here.
- Grimvale, a new island near Edron inhabited by Were-Creatures. You can travel there by boat from here
- Old Fortress (Heroes), located here
- Forgotten Tomb, located here
- Edron Vampire Crypt, located here
- Kha'zeel Scarab Lair, located here
- Mother of Scarabs Lair, with 2 entrances here and here (hidden hole)
- Forbidden Temple, located here (hidden hole)
- Medusa Tower with Stone Golems, Gargoyles, Clay Guardians, Earth Elementals, Massive Earth Elementals, Omnivoras, Behemoths, Serpent Spawns and Medusae, located here
- Spider Caves with Poison Spiders, Tarantulas, and Giant Spiders, located here
- Asura Palace, located here
- Hunter Camp/Dworc Camp (Mini World Change), located here
- Water Elemental Dungeon, located here
- Chakoya Iceberg (Mini World Change), located here
- Quara Grotto, around here
- Hive Outpost (Mini World Change), around here
- Corym Black Market, around here
- Vandura Wyrm Cave, around here
- Bonelord Cave, located here
New Mini World Changes
|Chakoya Iceberg Mini World Change||15||✓||Northern Tiquanda||None|
|Grimvale Mini World Change||100||✓||Grimvale||Able to do the Grimvale Quest|
|Hive Outpost Mini World Change||140||✓||Hive Outpost (Vandura)||Able to do a part of the Cartography 101 Quest.|
|Jungle Camp Mini World Change||25||✓||Hunter Camp / Dworc Camp (Tiquanda)|
|Nightmare Isles Mini World Change||250||✓||Nightmare Isles (via Kha'labal or Devourer)||Ability to obtain a Nightmare Teddy.|
|Poacher Caves Mini World Change||20||✗||Poacher Caves (Ferngrims Gate)||Hunting various creatures.|
|Bearbaiting||1||✗||✗||Hunter's greeting! Your skillful use of the slingshot actually stunned a large bear. The creature is slightly dazed, but seems susceptible to your commands. Let's declare open season on all our foes!|
|Beneath the Sea||3||✓||✗||Not really twenty thousand miles, but you had to dive a fair way beneath the sea to find your personal Manta Ray.|
|Blacknailed||1||✓||✗||Well, you can rest your nailcase now. This gravedigger's fingernails are nice and clean. Though after the next hellride, you might not want to let it hand any food to you.|
|Cartography 101||2||✓||✗||You succeeded in finding and charting several previously unexplored landmarks and locations for the Adventurer's Guild, you probably never need to ask anyone for the way - do you?|
|Chequered Teddy||1||✓||✗||Don't let its fluffy appearance deceive you. The panda is a creature of the wild. It will take you to the most distant regions of Tibia, always in hopes of a little bamboo to nibble on or to check on a possible mate.|
|Dragon Mimicry||2||✓||✗||It's not really a dragon, but rather a kind of chimera. Nonetheless a decent mount to impress any passer-by.|
|Fabled Construction||3||✓||✗||Finding all the pieces to this complicated vehicle was one kind of a challenge. However, what you built in the end is rather a fabled than a feeble construction.|
|Fata Morgana||2||✓||✗||There are many delusions and phantasms in the desert. You saw a false oasis with fruit-bearing palm trees. Instead of water and refreshment, however, you found a dromedary in the end. What a useful Fata Morgana!|
|Fried Shrimp||2||✓||✗||This must be underwater love - this enormous crustacean now does thy bidding. Or maybe it's just in it for a little more of that shrimp barbecue, as that's a little hard to come by in the sea.|
|Friend of Elves||1||✗||✗||Kingly deer mostly prefer elves as friends and familiars. This one, however, decided to favour you as a confidant and rider. Well done!|
|Gear Up||3||✓||✗||Installing that control unit was a no-brainer. Now you're in control to make it walk this way or that, or to change tack at any moment if required. Your faithful walker mount obeys your every command.|
|Golden Sands||3||✓||✗||Counting ten thousand grains of sand could not have been harder than gaining this impressive mount.|
|Hoard of the Dragon||1||✓||✓||Your adventurous way through countless dragon lairs earned you a pretty treasure - and surely the enmity of many a dragon.|
|Icy Glare||1||✓||✗||Here's looking at you, kid. This ancient creature seems to size you up with its brilliant eyes and barely tolerates you riding it. Maybe it thinks you're the defrosted snack, after all?|
|Knock on Wood||3||✓||✗||It's a wound-up wooden lizard! Well, stranger things have happened, or so you're told. Just hop on and let this wood-and-tin contraption take you anywhere you want to wind down a bit. And hope you don't get hit by lightning underway.|
|Lion King||1||✓||✗||By mastering the secrets of Lion's Rock, you proved yourself worthy to face the mighty lions there. One of them even chose to accompany you.|
|Little Ball of Wool||1||✗||✗||You found a lost sheep and thus a steady source of black wool. But careful: don't get entangled.|
|Lost Palace Raider||2||✓||✓||Lifting the secrets of a fabulous palace and defeating a beautiful demon princess was a thrilling experience indeed. This site's marvels nearly matched its terrors. Nearly.|
|Lovely Dots||3||✓||✗||Finding a four-leaved clover is always a sign of luck. And as luck would have it, you even baited a lovely dotted ladybug. Lucky you!|
|Loyal Lad||1||✗||✗||Having a loyal friend alongside is comforting to every adventurer. If only this lad was not so stubborn...|
|Lucky Horseshoe||1||✗||✗||'Sweets for my steed' could be your motto. An impressive horse is eating out of your hand. Saddle up and be ready to find adventure, new friends, and maybe someone to shoe your horse now and then.|
|Luminous Kitty||3||✓||✗||You made some efforts to bring a little more light into the world. And what a nice present you got in return!|
|Magnetised||2||✓||✗||This magnetic beast attracted you in a very literal way. Or was it attracted by your metal equipment? Anyway, you seem to be stuck together now.|
|Mind the Dog!||2||✓||✗||Barking dogs never bite, as the saying goes. But this one clearly tried. In the end, however, you were able to walk the dog - ahem, gnarlhound.|
|Out of the Stone Age||3||✓||✗||What a blast from the past! This thankful patient thinks you missed your dentist vocation. It's now ready to take a bite of the future and to carry you to your next adventure, or your next patient.|
|Pecking Order||1||✓||✗||Ah, the old carrot-on-a-stick trick. Well done! You've made the racing bird accept you as a rider and provider. Just don't feed it your fingers.|
|Personal Nightmare||3||✓||✗||It might come as a shock to you, but this is the mount of your dreams. Not exactly the white steed of Prince Charming, but maybe the ladies will still scream and faint at the sight of you.|
|Pig-Headed||2||✗||✗||Whoa, sow long! This boar is like a force of nature, breaking through the undergrowth of all the Tibian forests and all records of speed. Hang on!|
|Scales and Tail||2||✓||✗||The Muggy Plains are a dangerous place, often raided by dragons. But that was your luck: thus you found this scaly little guy.|
|Slugging Around||2||✗||✗||Drugging a snail can have some beneficial side effects. You're now the proud owner of a snarling, speed-crazy slug. Maybe it'll purr if you stroke it. Anyway, life should be one slick ride from now on.|
|Spin-Off||1||✓||✗||Seems like this spider has got a sweet tooth. As a result, eight hairy legs are now at your disposal to crawl and weave at your whim, and strike fear into the hearts of men.|
|Starless Night||3||✓||✗||By many it is considered a myth like the Yeti. But you came, saw and tamed it. Now you're the proud rider of a midnight panther, black as a starless night.|
|Stuntman||3||✓||✗||A drop of oil and you're good to go. This unique mount will roll merrily in and out of any strange place you want to visit. If you see no exit, you probably ended up in a circus ring. Ah well, the show must go on!|
|Swamp Beast||1||✗||✗||By cleverly using a leech to cool that raging bull's blood, you managed not to get swamped or trampled in a water buffalo stampede. The creature is now docile and follows your every command.|
|The Right Tone||1||✗||✗||By setting the right tone you convinced a crystal wolf to accompany you. Remember it is made of crystal, though, so be careful in a banshee's presence.|
|Thick-Skinned||2||✓||✗||It's unstoppable! Walls? Fortresses? Obstacles? Objections? Pah! Nothing will stand before the stampor. Arrows and spears bounce off its hide, enemies are trampled by the dozen. Just don't go for the subtle approach or a date on this thing.|
|Way to Hell||2||✓||✗||This fiery beast really tried to give you hell. But not even a magma crawler can resist a mug of spicy, hot glow wine. Skol!|
|Gorongra||Buying it on Tibia.com or via the Store.|
|Noctungra||Buying it on Tibia.com or via the Store.|
|Silverneck||Buying it on Tibia.com or via the Store.|
|Cornell||Ferryman||✗||North of Stonehome and south on Grimvale, approximately here.|
|Gilmak Copperbeard||Unknown Occupation||✗||Asura Palace.|
|✓||Southeast on Grimvale, in her little house.|
|Maeryn||Guard||✗||South-west on Grimvale, in a small house.|
|✗||On Grimvale, northernmost hut.|
|Squeekquek||Merchant||✗||Corym Black Market.|
|Tarun||Merchant||✓||Tiquanda, next to the Kha'zeel Pass.|
|Adventurer's Map||2.40|| |
|Antler Talisman||2.40|| |
|Badger Boots||speed +10||12.00|
|Closed Silvered Trap||22.00|| |
|Dragon Eye (Replica)||28.00|| |
|Enchanted Werewolf Amulet||5.50|| |
|Enchanted Werewolf Helmet (Axe)||axe fighting +1||25.00|| |
|Enchanted Werewolf Helmet (Club)||club fighting +1||25.00|| |
|Enchanted Werewolf Helmet (Distance)||distance fighting +1||25.00|| |
|Enchanted Werewolf Helmet (Magic)||magic level +1||25.00|| |
|Enchanted Werewolf Helmet (Sword)||sword fighting +1||25.00|| |
|Gloom Wolf Fur||1.20|
|Golden Lotus Brooch||1.00|
|Nightmare Teddy||5.90|| |
|Noble Sword (Replica)||50.00|| |
|Oriental Shoes||speed +15||5.00|
|Peacock Feather Fan||2.00|
|Phoenix Statue (Replica)||20.00|| |
|Purple Nightshade Blossoms||2.00|| |
|Sacred Antler Talisman||2.40|| |
|Tibia Coins||0.00|| |
|Trophy of Feroxa||5.00|
|Vial of Liquid Silver||2.40|| |
|Werewolf Helmet||speed +15||25.00|
|Blooming Purple Nightshade||✗|
|Hoard of Dragon Gold||✗|| Unlike a regular Hoard of Gold, this one is actually usable.
|Hoard of Gold||✓||It also contains some gems.|
|Purple Nightshade||✗||During full moon this plant will transform to Blooming Purple Nightshade.|
|Silver Vein||✗||Getting liquid silver out of the mountain needs concentration and a steady hand.|
|Silvered Trap||✓||Opened Closed Silvered Trap. When Feroxa steps on it during her first Werewolf phase, she will receive heavy damage.|
|Some Cracks (Hole)||✓||Walking on such cracks will make you fall to the floor below.|
|Strangely Glowing Mark (Blue)||✓|
|Strangely Glowing Mark (Green)||✓|
|Trophy of Feroxa (Object)||✗||See also: Trophy of Feroxa|
|Water Channel||✓|| If you just walk on it you are teleported to another place, like a Water Vortex.|
Looks the same as a Maelstrom and a Water Vortex.
|Werebadger Trophy (Object)||✗||It's an immovable Werebadger Trophy that is fixed to a wall. There are two forms: one facing south and one facing east.|
|Werebear Trophy (Object)||✗||It's an immovable Werebear Trophy that is fixed to a wall. There are two forms: one facing south and one facing east.|
|Wereboar Trophy (Object)||✗||It's an immovable Wereboar Trophy that is fixed to a wall. There are two forms: one facing south and one facing east.|