- The Spike
- WE WANT YOU!
- Reward to Whom Reward is Due!
- Monsters Getting Smart and Clever!
- The Challenger II
Reward System for Boss Fights
With this mechanism, all active members in a boss fight may be able to loot rewards.
Once the boss is dead, players will see a new kind of loot bag, the Reward Container. It will contain individual loot for every fighting team member according to his participation during the fight.
Furthermore, a Reward Chest will be added to the Adventurers' Guild. Players will have the option to either take the reward from the dead body or the Reward Chest. If one has already looted the dead body, his reward chest will be empty. If not, the reward will be stored in the chest for seven days.
The following bosses are affected by the new system:
- Zulazza the Corruptor
- Chizzoron the Distorter
- Raging Mage
- Mad Mage
- The Welter
- White Pale
- The Pale Count
For more information, see the FAQ in the Auditorium.
Artificial Intelligence for Bosses
All new bosses and eventually all existing bosses will have a new artificial intelligence (A.I.) that will make their behavior more dynamic and different from normal monsters, making them even more challenging. While all details have not been revealed the bosses' environment will be a factor in their behavior. The new bosses will be affected by the revised reward system.
The following bosses use improved AI:
World BoardThe World Board can be used to inform about currently active Mini World Changes in a server.
- Both clients received a new loading/login screen artwork.
- New graphics option: antialiasing. Antialiasing will smooth out rendered graphics. Previously antialiasing was applied with no option to disable it. Disabling it may have a minor performance boost but the recommended setting is enabled.
- In order to face the Mad Mage (Their Master's Voice World Change) and the Raging Mage (The Mage's Tower World Change), players now have to actively take part in the respective tasks. For the Mad Mage, cleaning 25 slime will be required, and for the Raging Mage, 50 Yielothaxes have to killed.
- Players can no longer prevent the teleport from the First Warzone from getting fully charged.
- NPC Towncryer now gives information about all Mini World Changes. Previously he would not mention about Fury Gates, Warpath, Spider Nest and Devovorga's Essence.
- Traded wares of Yasir and Telas were adjusted. It is not possible to sell items from Telas' item list to Yasir anymore, unless you did the Shadows of Yalahar Quest.
- Possibilities to block players in the Wrath of the Emperor Quest have been removed.
- An area of The Repenters Quest tasks was adjusted to avoid respawn blocking.
- Teleporters to the Grizzly Adams bosses of Killing in the Name of... Quest are now Protection Zone.
- You can now kill Blood Priests, Blood Hands and Shadow Pupils to complete Lugri's Task
- The Spike
- Spirit Grounds
- 00:00: The Pale Count has risen from his crypt deep under Drefia. Blood will flow.
New Mini World Change
|Spirit Grounds Mini World Change||✓||Spirit Grounds (via Darama, Ghostlands or Vengoth)|
|Name||Min Level||Rec Level||Prem||Location||Reward||Implemented|
|Cave Explorer Outfits Quest||80||✓||The Spike.|| Cave Explorer Outfits and addons:||10.2|
|Spike Tasks Quest||Varies||✓||The Spike and surroundings||Experience, Cave Explorer Outfits and its addons, Cave Completionist achievement.||10.2|
|Cave Completionist||2||✓||✗||You have helped the gnomes of the spike in securing the caves and explored enough of the lightles depths to earn you a complete cave explorers outfit. Well done!|
|Name||Male Outfit||Male Addons||Female Outfit||Female Addons||Type||Premium|
|Cave Explorer Outfits||Quest Outfits||yes|
|A Behemoth||Spy||✗||The Spike 8 levels down.|
|A Dragon Lord||Spy||✗||The Spike 7 levels down.|
|A Drillworm||Spy||✗||The Spike 6 floors down.|
|A Lost Basher||Spy||✗||The Spike 7 floors down.|
|A Lost Husher||Spy||✗||The Spike 8 floors down.|
|A Lost Thrower||Spy||✗||The Spike 7 floors down.|
|A Nightmare Scion||Spy||✗||The Spike 6 floors down.|
|A Vulcongra||Spy||✗||The Spike 6 floors down.|
|A Wyrm||Spy||✗||The Spike 8 floors down.|
|Gnomargery||Officer||✗||The Spike, level -7|
|Gnombold||Officer||✗||The Spike, level -4|
|Gnome Trooper||Guard||✗||The Spike -6 (here and here), -7 (here and here), and -8 (here).|
|Gnomilly||Officer||✗||The Spike, level -2|
|Gnommander||Officer||✗||The Spike, level -1|
|Gnomux||Shopkeeper||✓||The Spike, level -6.|
|Opticorder Forge (NPC)||Guard||✗||Kazordoon Forge.|
|Sane Mage|| Sorcerer|
|✗||South of Stonehome|
|The Gate Keeper||Guard||✗||Spirit Grounds, west of Drefia, below ocean.|
|Egg (Creature)||0||800|| |
|Frost Servant||?||385|| |
|Frost Spider||?||1250|| |
|Spawn of the Welter||?||?|
|Eye of the Storm||1.50|
|Flask of Fertiliser||1.80|| |
|Furious Frock||magic level +2||34.00|
|Ghost Detector||9.00|| |
|Glass of Goo||17.00|
|Gnomish Supplies||8.00|| |
|Haunted Mirror Piece||28.00|
|Highly Charged Lodestone||3.00|| |
|Memory Box||20.00|| |
|Memory Box (Activated)||20.00|| |
|Partially Charged Lodestone||3.00|| |
|Runic Ice Shield||49.00|
|Shrunken Head Necklace||speed +10||5.50|
|Smoking Coal||10.00|| |
|Spirit Shovel||28.00|| |
|Thawing Ice Pick||62.00|| |
|Triple Bolt Crossbow||62.00|
|Tuning Fork||1.00|| |
|Vampire Silk Slippers||11.50|
|Berg Crystal (Pillar)||✗|
|Charged Ghost Pacifier||✗||A charged pacifier will become a normal Ghost Pacifier after 2 minutes.|
|Large Berg Crystal||✗|
|Large Berg Crystal (Pillar)||✗|
|Large Crystal Teleporter (Berg)||✓||Unlike the darker version, this teleporter does not require Teleport Crystals.|
|Ominous Mound||✓||An opened Ominous Mound will return to its default state after 2 minutes.|
|Opticorder Forge||✗||When used, the message "Nothing happens." appears. If you have an Opticording Sphere with you, however, the message "The device does not quite fit into the hollow. A complicated mechanism blocks the recess." is displayed.|
|Reward Chest||✗||Reward Containers that weren't looted from a corpse will appear inside this chest. Once every item inside a container is taken, it will disappear from the chest.|
|Reward Container||✗|| Holds the loot of a specific creature you helped defeat. Contents will depend on your participation while fighting it. A container will also appear inside the Reward Chest if not looted before.|
A list of the creatures using this system can be found on the Reward Chest page.
|Spike of a Crystal Drill||✗|
|Strangely Shaped Block||✗|
|The World Board||✗||When used, it will print information about currently active Mini World Changes in the Server Log.|
|Expedition Project Exclave (Book)||?|