All training schools have one Exercise Dummy which can be used to train a character's Magic Level, Distance Fighting, Sword Fighting, Axe Fighting or Club Fighting. It's not possible to train Shielding using the Exercise Dummies. To train on a Dummy, you will need Exercise Weapons (bought at the Store or from NPCs) or Training Weapons (obtainable via the Daily Reward System).
This system was implemented in the game in update 11.73 to offer Paladins and Knights a quicker way to train their offensive skills by spending Gold, just like Sorcerers and Druids can do using Mana Potions. To train on a Dummy, simply use the Training or Exercise Weapon of choice on it. There are some important points regarding this method of training:
- Training on an Exercise Dummy is much faster then the training with creatures or regular regeneration. One Exercise Weapon is equivalent to spending the mana contained in 600 Ultimate Mana Potions.
- Unlike regular training, when training on a Dummy all offensive skills have the same advance rate. This means that going from Magic Level 100 to 101 should take the exact same time (and cost the same) as going from Distance 100 to 101 or Sword 100 to 101.
- Since an Exercise Weapon has 500 charges, it lasts for 16 minutes and 40 seconds. During this time, the character will not be kicked from the game for being idle. Training Weapons have 50 charges and last for 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- If you do any action while attacking the Dummy, such as moving, casting spells or using items, the training will automatically stop. Characters can only use the Exercise Dummy once every 30 seconds to avoid quick alternations between using the weapons and casting spells.
- You can only train on a Dummy if you're inside a Protection Zone.
- Expert Exercise Dummies are available in the Store and can be placed inside Houses and Guildhalls (Ferumbras Exercise Dummy, Demon Exercise Dummy, Monk Exercise Dummy). The expert Dummies offer an additional 10% in skill advance speed, however, they can only be used by one player at a time.
You are able to choose one of the following skill combinations for your training: Magic level + Shielding, Distance Fighting + Shielding, Sword Fighting + Shielding, Axe Fighting + Shielding, or Club Fighting + Shielding. You simply have to use the corresponding Training Statue in a training school to log out in order to activate offline training for your character.
- A character will only start to train skills offline after you have been logged off with this character for 10 minutes at least. While having offline training activated for one or more of your characters, you can still log in with a different character on the same account to either play or also do offline training.
- You are able to train skills offline for a limited time only. Each character may train offline up to 12 consecutive hours. The offline training time you have left will be displayed in your character stats like stamina, for example. Every second you spend training offline is deducted from this pool. You will regenerate one second of a character's offline training time for every second you spend online with this character. Additionally, you will regenerate one second for every second you are logged off without using offline training for this character.
- If you train offline and the training time pool reaches 0 while being offline, every second you are logged out without training will also regenerate one second of your character's training pool. However, to be able to use the regenerated offline training time, you will have to log in and use a training statue again. Let us use an example to illustrate it: Your character has 6 hours of training time left and you log out by using a training statue. You stay offline with this character for 10 hours. Upon login you will get the skill gain for 6 hours offline training and your training pool will have regained 4 hours of training time.
- It also possible to do offline training by using a Bed when sleeping instead of using a training statue, as of the Autumn Patch 2012. Players who are kicked from beds will continue to receive offline training, however their sleeping regeneration will stop.
- Speed values are observed efficiency rates compared to normal training.
- Models are estimated formulas based on statistics. These models are more accurate if the growth rate is low.
|Skill||Speed||Model (mins / skill)|
|Shielding||25% (50% of 1 mob attack.)||Knights/Paladins:
50% (Used mana of regain while normally eating.
The regen rate is as promoted even if you're not.)
|Distance Fighting||25% (25% blood hits which is the same as 50% miss hits.)||Knights:
|Ab'Dendriel||Underground, a little north of depot (here)|
|Ankrahmun||Pyramid of the paladin and knight guild; the pyramid next to stores (here)|
|Carlin||Knight guild, by north exit (here)|
|Darashia||Palace, northernmost building of Darashia (here)|
|Edron||North part of the castle, west when entering from the boat (here)|
|Feyrist||To the west of Taegen and underground (here)|
|Issavi||To the east of the bathhouse (here)|
|Kazordoon||Near knight guild, south-west of depot (here)|
|Krailos Village||Near the depot (here)|
|Liberty Bay||Fortress (here)|
|Port Hope||Largest open bamboo construction on the south side of Port Hope; west of Bamboo Garden 3 (here)|
|Rathleton||South west of depot in a building (here)|
|Svargrond||Near the arena (here)|
|Thais||Knight guild (for melee, here), paladin guild (for distance, here) outside sorcerer guild (magic level, here)|
|Venore||Under depot (here)|
|Yalahar||On top of depot (here)|