The Tibia Rules are a code of conduct, which shows clearly what you are allowed to do, and what not. The Tibia Rules exist of articles on the following topics:
1. Names which should not be generally offensive, contain forbidden advertising or political or religious views or support any other rule violation. The consequences are that you could be name-locked.
2. Statements which should not be generally offensive, be excessively repeated or have bad formatting (spam), contain forbidden advertising or political or religious views, not be non-English when English is required, disclose personal data of others, or support any other rule violation.
3. Cheating in terms of abusing obvious errors in the game or on the website, or using unofficial software to play the game (i.e. botting). It is also not allowed to hack another player's account or to play on more than one account at the same time.
4. Cipsoft in regards to pretending to be or represent Cipsoft, slandering or agitating against Cipsoft, or providing false information to Cipsoft (i.e. false reports).
5. Legal issues may go beyond the game in scope such as account trading or sharing, hacking (for) other players account or personal data, attacking Cipsoft service (i.e. DoS attack), or in general violating any applicable law (i.e. plans a real-life crime on the forum) or violating the rights of third parties (e.g. players or companies Cip works with). Any of these issues could result in legal or judicial action in real-life.
A violation of the Tibia Rules will affect your Conduct Level and may even lead to temporary banishment of characters and accounts. In severe cases removal or modification of character skills, attributes and belongings, as well as the permanent removal of accounts without any compensation may be considered. The punishment is based on the severeness of the rule violation and the previous record of the player.
Note: This is only a summary, the real and valid rules are available at Tibia.com