Too wide box

I find the infobox way too wide! It only looks good for people with very high resolution, which is not a very clever way to design websites. It should be looking good at 1024x768 resolution. -- Alreth TibiaWiki Signature (contact meTibiaWiki admin) 13:24, 2 August 2009 (UTC)

Something is wrong with this template. It somehow hide "Player" part
Jura 20:02, March 1, 2010 (UTC)

The wrong display is because old or not fully compatible with CSS browser(like internet explorer). I'm trying to workaround this, I used CSS because wikimedia has some limitation on the template code. --Daniel Letalis 21:02, March 1, 2010 (UTC)

It auto adjusts in width doesn't it? Taking up maximum width available
Random::Chat::Contributions::Tibicam Profile

00:39, March 2, 2010 (UTC)


Are we supposed to be using this on pages other than /Transcripts? I don't think quest pages should be categorized under transcripts. -- Sixorish 08:10, March 2, 2010 (UTC)

I agree, maybe adding a regular expression like if PAGENAME contains "/transcripts" then add category:transcripts. That's in pseudo-code, but I'm sure it's possible in the wiki. ^^ Bennie (talk ~ fellows) ^^ 08:17, March 2, 2010 (UTC)

Would be good to do something with that.
Also transcripts saved with "save window" contain a tag. All words which are clearly keywords (dark blue in NPCs window) are with tag {}, eg. "{trade}". Is it possible to implement it somehow in template, to automatic differ it from other words (without bold them)? --Jura 16:31, March 22, 2010 (UTC)

Sure it's possible but it could cause problems since the curly braces are used for template calls. A #replace function would have all these potential problems associated with it, but I don't think we use templates embedded in transcripts. -- Sixorish 17:17, March 22, 2010 (UTC)

Or a conditional in the transcript template. If BASEPAGENAME is transcript (maybe a couple of switches cases) then category Transcript. My bad SUBPAGENAME. My double bad - we've already done that. As for Jura - do you mean importing templates into the transcript based on keywords or make links for obvious keywords?
Random::Chat::Contributions::Tibicam Profile

What do you mean? English please !!! ;((( -- Jura 11:28, April 14, 2010 (UTC)


So.. should this be used in quest transcripts? Because I think this makes them easier to read. So I'm just asking so I can start using it in some quest spoiler pages.

-- ¬¬ Lord Galarzaa ¬¬ * Talk * ¤ Contributions ¤ *** 19:07, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
Sure can.
Craggles ಠ_ಠ TalkContribs 20:40, June 6, 2010 (UTC)


It seems there is an error, which I noticed since the latest downtime (some days ago tibiawiki was uneditable for ~36 hours with a message saying the main server had crashed and the backup server was used). Conversations longer than 1000 characters give this error, which are pretty much all NPC transcript pages, such as Avar Tar/Transcripts. Can somebody fix this problem? -- Bennie (talk ~ fellows) 11:40, January 19, 2011 (UTC)

I wasn't seeing it while logged in after preview, I can see it now, will check what can I do soon, I believe this is an important problem. --Daniel Letalis 20:40, January 19, 2011 (UTC)

Only way to solve this I think it is by using javascript, they added a limit on #replace function, even a simple replace on any 1000+ chars string gives same error, the idea of having replaces in the template was to fix the bad format that we sometimes use and make it look more than how it is on game. The Avar Tar transcripts are a bad example for seeing the template work but I hope you noticed the matching colors on other transcripts, I will remove the replace on template for now, so people can see the transcripts. Maybe in some days I code something in Javascript. --Daniel Letalis 03:44, January 20, 2011 (UTC)

Is it just me, or is this not working as it should? Beejay 11:59, November 27, 2011 (UTC)

Yes, it isn't working as it should. Just working here in the example but in the quest pages it shows diferrent.

Edit: I will try to fix it, and in the example works because it isn't still rendered. Garethderioth 18:26, January 25, 2012 (UTC)

Well is hard, i see the reason why Daniel change the code. Garethderioth 19:18, January 25, 2012 (UTC)

Thanks for the reply but you are quite a few months late there. Now, it works fine for me so it was probably just a slight issue in one of the codes somewhere since I haven't experienced it since. Beejay 00:30, January 26, 2012 (UTC)

Oh yes is readeable for now, but was more beauty with the last code. I Hope that Daniel Letails could make a new "Javascript" code for that. Garethderioth 02:02, January 26, 2012 (UTC)

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.