Why is Tibia called Tibia? Did they have a fondness for leg bones?
Bombur Thumper 12:30, 27 April 2007 (PDT)
Well, the Sternum isn't a bone in the leg, but many isles are named after bones, mostly in the leg.
Sorry Tiuqu, I don't want a edit war, I should have discussed it here first. IMO the thing I quoted is a Top 10 of Tutors which helped players to die (?), killed players (?). A blacklist of Tutors or something. Maybe you could explain why this isn't bad. It has nothing to do with the tibia rules though, because we're talking about an unsupported fansite they don't have to apply those rules, although this fansite (tibiawiki) should, it's supported.
^^^^ 11:34, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
- Owner's language is very specific and You shouldn't "just" read it :P
- TibiaRing actually apply to all TibiaRules!
- The idea and effect of TibiaRing and lists like Totors killers, Tutors killing or top killers is to promote some "civilization" in Tibia. Some, not too much :P Look at the TOP 10 Killers list - the 1st place is prized... with revealing all characters played by top killer to all community!
Well, what u have in tutors lists indeed?
1. List of tutors - now players can see this "special" persons and ask them for help making own choice.
2. Tutors killers (ppl who kill tutors)? If this numbers would be high isn't it good reason to kick such a player from server?
3. Tutors killing others... there are high numbers. Are you sure this should be secret to community?
- <lol> CipSoft knows that 80% of tutors was cheating with tutor exam, bot in the game, afk's much, don't speak even very bad english, share their account, sometimes even hack players, (...).
So killing "bad" tutors should be promoted ^.^, becouse there's no point in having huge horde of tutors who will hunt you if you post on forum that they don't speak english and should be, maby even, banned (one of TibiaRules say that You can only speak english on official channels).
- If you find anything that broke TibiaRules, please tell me, but first get sure that it really broke it. Like TibaWiki's Quest spoilers for example :D
- Everything in TibiaRing is done with special care. Read "About" page - this site tries to make Tibia better! Do you want to hunt bad practices? Hunt TibiaFreaks. This kid not only steals from TibiaRing, Pskonejott and wherever he can. But: this is not the problem in TibiaRing to make lists like PZ-locks. Why TibiaRing doesn't have options like this? Because this must make PZ-locked hunters - ppl which will look at PZ-lock list just to hunt anyone having PZ and not having good lvl, good guild...
- I would tell you even more about TibiaRing (and not only this), but few things are kinda secret... maby e-mail?
Tiuqu 14:15, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
Seriously "Tutors Hunters Club" is something that should not exist on Tibia, killing another player for his position, whatever if he is worthy or not, fall on destructive behavior and therefore is a violation of Tibia General Rule. I'm removing TibiaRing again and forwarding this issue to an Administrator, I'm sure TibiaRing is inappropriate, and should not be on the external links list. Senna 20:24, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
GZ Senna! You didn't understood a thing.
Btw. I didn't talked to you, but to Bennie.
Tiuqu 21:17, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
If a tutor isnt a good one then his tutor position should be removed instead killing the tutor itself, I don't like a page that promotes the player killing of certain persons even if they don't do their job
21:45, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
I don't like it either...
00:26, 1 April 2008 (UTC)
Is there anything I could say that would change your mind Tiuqu? I don't think so. But I'm not gonna judge over this, decide yourself what you do with this issue. Besides, I think only special unsupported fansites should be listed on this page because otherwise the list would be way too long. We can't control all that content over the time.
^^^^ 05:47, 1 April 2008 (UTC)
How Old is Tibia?
I stuck an aproximate date for Tibia (Antica's) first day up (Jan 07 1997, 12:00:00 CET) into the Age calculator on [erig.net] and it said "You are 284 years 110 days 20 hours and bla minutes old". I stuck in 24 hours later, and it gave me 86 days. So, naturally this means each day passing is 34 days, approximately a month.
So, I guess we could say we are now in the year 284, but... how many years were there before tibia went up? I mean, in the background. How long is tibia's history? Does anyone know? Should we try to think up a nice time system to tell time and ages and eras in Tibia, if there isn't any?
Of course, counting times like "year third of King such and such" won't work, since the king doesn't die (wish he did, would be more reaslistic...)
But... I mean, does anyone share my thoughts here?
Every eleven days (more or less) are a tibian year... I dunno, it just seems to be a very promising idea to me.
Vhazhiphor 05:57, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
There are only a few books that actually have dates in them, from 900-960 p.g. (post-genesis). Most are in the Thais Royal Archives, in the Desert Dungeon Library or single books. You could make a small timeline of these events, but it is not much to go on. --DM ><((°> Contribs <°))>< talk to me 18:53, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
Thanks. I checked the books in the Royal Archives that have dates and the closest one seems to be from 960. Taking it as an approximation, I think we could say we're around the year 1300 p.g.
But like you said, it's not much to work on. Thanks anyway... I'll keep thinking about it, and see if I can find anything else somewhere.
Vhazhiphor 04:14, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
Somehow I cannot add one of the supported fansites - Tibiopedia. I get a anti-spam message. Any help?
I added Tibiopedia.pl to the whitelist, should be OK to link to now. -- Sixorish 15:33, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Since there is no dedicated page about www.tibia.com I'll post this here. Some friends showed me the website [www.archive.org] which gives you the oppertunity to retrace the history of quite a lot of web pages, also for tibia.com. E.g., how did Cip think the future of tibia would be ~6 years ago? read it here. It might help people who do research on tibia history, or me when I forget the link ;) ^^ Bennie (talk ~ fellows) ^^ 22:57, November 10, 2009 (UTC)