The section relating to using bombs/walls/fields to block strong monsters is outdated. In one of previous updates "feature" was introduced that once monsters got dealt damage by player they will run to him no matter what- even trough fields. As a result you cant trap monsters the way described in this article anymore.
The reason i havent modified article myself is that i dont know how to clearly describe it, and i dont want to make mess here.
EDIT: This takes effects since Ankrahmun update ( Tibia 7.3 )
Hmmm. Let me see if I understand correctly....
When you throw a bomb rune on a creature, the creature will stay put until you attack it with a distance weapon or rune, then it will cross the fields to attack you?
I'm on non-pvp, so fields don't last very long, but I have used e-bombs on a Giant Spider, and it seemed to work just fine. Maybe I just didn't notice the GS moving since I had to throw e-bombs every other turn.
Also, do you remember which update that was from?
I think he's right. If you throw any rune field on floor to 'block', the monsters will stay away (without traspassing the field) until you atack them with something at distance. Once you attack them, they will come to you, no matter they have to step in the fields on the floor. At least that worked fine for me with FireBomb. I don't know if it's the same with EnergyBomb.
--Kaio 12:31, 4 August 2006 (PDT)
Since the rune making options for Paladins are a mere joke after Winter Update 2007, I deleted the section about "Sell Runes" from the list of proposals for making money on the vocation page for Paladins. Instead, I added a proposal which I myself use to earn some gp - use your capacity skill to loot dead monsters and sell whatever you find. This might not be a very exciting option, but it IS an option anyway...
--Barathorn 19:09, 4 January 2008
The Power Bolt spell does not show up in the Instant Spell chart. I don't know how to fix it.
Bombur Thumper 14:46, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
Adding the new vocation binded armors
Should it not be a good idea to add the armors that only paladins can use? well anyway i don't think I'm the man for the job since I'm abit inexperienced. But it would be great to add here I think.
Chance to break 1 handed throwing weapon
"Use Balanced Fighting or Defensive Fighting. When using Balanced or Defensive fighting mode you will cause less damage to your opponent and "breakable" weapons (Spears, Throwing Stars, Small Stones, etc.) will not break as frequently. " I think that is not true. The chance to break isn't connected with style mode. Should be corrected.
Mitus 05:46, December 22, 2010 (UTC)
Tips & Tricks
Most tips here are useless or are incorrect. I won't change it because its not my site, so I'm asking what do you think and explaining why its useless/incorrect. (sorry my mistakes, I'm not english speaker).
- Knights haven't rune spell.
- Sell Ammunition. - Conjured arrow/bolts spells take so long time to make a backpack that it isn't a good option, since you can hunt minotaur archer and get one backpack of bolts faster (much faster). There isnt "a lot" of people buying enchanted spears since they can hunt with royal spears (cheaper and just 3 less atk points) or assassin stars (much more damage).
- Use Your Melee Skills.- You will lose very long time to reach a good meele skills. If you have no money for spears you can loot them from valkyries.
- Hunt with Convinced Creatures. - You won't be able to hunt on many diferents floors (eg Venore's Dragon Lair) and sometime you'll need to heal them.
Advancing Your Skills
- Hunt with Small Stones. - This way, you will only able to hunt weaker creatures and you probably wont have 2 creatures atacking you all the time. So, the money spent to buy small stones (or time to get them) would be better used if you were training (monks, gargoyles, stone golens, slimes) since you will gain more shielding skills.
- Use Your Mana Shield - Magic shield spell were removed from paladins. I suggest remove this topic too because you wont really advance your magic level.
- Use Fields Runes - Always have some fields/walls/bombs runes with you. You can use them for:
1) When many monsters come at once, you can use some wall rune to block them, and only the one you are atacking will reach you (eg. Drakens abominations).
2) When you hunt where you cant run, use wall/bombs and make monster run around it while you pass over fields, but be careful : Do not block totally the way, otherwise they will reach you, no matter which field you use (Eg. paladin using fire wall to hunt Morguthis).
Anduriun 11:05, January 18, 2011 (UTC)
I have moved your addition to the bottom (it is confusing seeing 2006 signatures just beneath your 2011 message). As for the mistakes you have highlighted, I agree with some and disagree with others:
- Making money: yes, bolts are unlikely to sell these days, but we can't rule out the possibility that they will (I don't know about you, but I don't play every server, so I don't have a worldwide view of this). That has been since changed to indicate that the demand has become considerably lower. The enchanted spears, I think you are wrong about. I see lots of people buying them on the server I play. 3 attack points is a lot, but they have other benefits too: the break rate is considerably lower, they weigh less, and they shoot one square further. That, to me, is worth the 125-135gp more than royal spears, especially for long hunts away from town. You can't compare e-spears with a-stars either, because they have a massive 1/3~ break rate compared to 1/100. They are not economical to hunt with for most creatures.
- Convinced creatures: yes, I agree, summons and convinced creatures have become unused in recent updates.
- Hunt with Small Stones: I agree to some extent: it's not a good idea to hunt with them, but I would suggest a new paladin to hunt goblins (at Edron) with the stones they loot at least until they can hunt stronger creatures. In this way, their distance increases at a steady rate with their level.
- Use Your Mana Shield: I think this was removed.
- Use Fields Runes: I agree with this, and will add this to the page.
-- Sixorish 14:57, May 9, 2011 (UTC)
In my oppinion Recovery is useful because it basically saves me half the potions I'd use otherways. I'll add it to other useful spells if nobody opposes. -- Cafce25 (talk) 22:36, September 30, 2014 (UTC)