Rooking or "being rooked" occurs when a character on the mainland dies or is killed so many times that his experience points drop below 1500. This would normally downgrade such a character from level 6 to level 5, but there is a special rule that, instead, resets him/her to level 1 on Rookgaard. It also occurs in the case of a player having left Rookgaard with a level higher than 8; in this case, he or she will also be rooked if his/her maximum hitpoints count goes down to 0.
- On Open PvP this is sometimes done to punish criminals, such as PKs or thieves.
- Rooking most often results from a player's account being hacked.
- If the player had a red or black skull in mainland before he was rooked, he will still have one in Rookgaard (which will look quite funny for the beginners), and will face the same penalties just like in main.
- All possessions except those in the character's depots, including his/her Bank Account, spells and quests are deleted upon being rooked. However, Achievements and Charm Points will remain assigned to him/her.
- If you marry someone in mainland, and then rook yourself, you will still have the Newly Wed Outfit.
- After beeing rooked, characters will still have any outfit or mount bought in the Store and from special offers (such as Shadow Draptor, Entrepreneur Outfit, Armoured War Horse, Steelbeak and Crimson Ray) that were previously assigned to them.