With the Winter Update 2019 this system was expanded to include the Prey Hunting Tasks, which is similar (but independent to the Prey Creature system). In this system, players can kill predefined amounts of a creature selected in a fashion similar to the Prey Creature and receive Hunting Task Points (HTP) for that, which can in turn be exchanged for the Falconer Outfits, Antelope mount or other cosmetic items.
Players who reached the mainland can right-click on their character and choose "prey system" from a context menu, use the hotkey Ctrl + Y or the Prey widget to open a window as shown in the screenshots further down this page. There are three prey slots:
- As a Free Account player, you have one unlocked prey slot;
- As a Premium Account player, you have two unlocked prey slots;
- The third slot is a Permanent Prey Slot and can be bought in the Store.
Free account players can buy two permanent prey slots.
From each of the prey slots you can choose one creature out of 9 creatures.
You will not find the same creature in different preys, so you cannot choose two or three different bonuses for one creature. If you don't want to hunt any of the 9 creatures presented to you, you have several options:
- Wait 20 hours for a free creature list reroll, which counts for each prey slot;
- Buy extra list rerolls with gold coins if needed, the price depending on your level.
After you selected a creature and a bonus, a timer will run for 2 hours when hunting any creature, not just the one you selected to hunt. When the 2 hours are over the creature your selected will vanish from
the prey slot and you can select another one.
The moment you select a creature you also receive the bonus.
The bonuses are:
- (player) damage boost of 7% - 25% (steps of 2%);
- (creature) damage reduction of 12% - 30% (steps of 2%);
- bonus experience 13% - 40% of (steps of 3%);
- improved loot 13% - 40% of (steps of 3%).
If you don't like the bonus you received you can do one of the following:
- Use a List Reroll and select a different creature;
- Use a Prey Wildcard; (Can be bought in the Store for 10 Tibia Coins per wildcard, or as package of 5 for 50 Tibia Coins. You can also obtain 2 Prey Wildcards as a Daily Reward once per week.)
- Hunt the creature with the bonus anyways for 2 hours and hope for better luck next time.
Each bonus has 10 steps and a wildcard will always improve your current step (up to the maximum) and may change your bonus type. If you are already at step 10 the bonus type is guaranteed to change with a wildcard.
The improved loot bonus works in the following manner. If you have an improved loot bonus with an effect of 15% this means there is a 15% chance that the monster will have another set of loot generated, basically it will behave as if you killed two monsters instead of one.
Prey Hunting Tasks
Prey Hunting Tasks are kill tasks which players can complete to earn Hunting Task Points (HTP). The point can in turn be exchanged for the Falconer Outfits, Antelope mount or other cosmetic items, as seen on the Rewards table below. The Hunting Tasks have the following characteristics:
- A list of 9 creatures, 3 of each difficulty, is randomly created for the character. Creatures that are Harmless, Trivial or Very Rare in the Bestiary are not part of this list.
- There are no free daily rerolls for the Hunting Tasks, unlike the regular Prey creatures. The only ways to change the selection of creatures is to pay for reroll with gold (100 gold per level) or to complete a task.
- You can only complete one task per slot per server save. Free Account players have one slot and Premium players have 2 slots, with the third slot being available in the Store for 750 .
- The amount of creatures that must be killed varies according to the creature's difficulty as in the Bestiary. The higher amount can only be selected if the character has fully unlocked that Bestiary entry.
- Once a Hunting Task is activated, a reward level (from 1 to 5) will be randomly selected, though the chance of getting lower levels is much higher than the chance of getting the higher reward levels.
- A task can be cancelled at any time, but at the cost of the gold fee corresponding to generating a new selection of creatures.
The Prey Wildcards can also be used in the Hunting Tasks system for two things:
- Players can use two Wildcards to directly select the creature they want to hunt from the list, instead of trying their luck with the gold rerolls.
- One Wildcard can be used to improve the Reward Level. The improvement will always be of one level, but there is a 10% chance of receiving a bonus of 50% or 100% more HTP.
Kill amounts and HTP
The amount of HTP received for a task depends on the creature's difficulty, the amount of creatures of the task and the reward level of the task. Higher rewards have a better HTP/Kill ratio, and harder creatures as well, since they of course take longer and consume more resources to kill. Due to the 1 task per slot per day limitation, the fastest way to get HTP is with Hard tasks of 800 creatures at reward level 5.
|Bestiary Level||Amount 1||Reward Level||HTP||Amount 2||Reward Level||HTP||HTP / Kill|
The Hunting Task Points can be exchange for different rewards with NPC Walter Jaeger in Thais. He can be found north-east of the temple.
|Reward||Cost in HTP|
|Falconer Outfits base||150,000|
|Falconer Outfits addon 1||50,000|
|Falconer Outfits addon 2||50,000|
|Bronze Hunter Trophy||5,000|
|Sea Serpent Trophy (Prey)||25,000|
|Silver Hunter Trophy||25,000|
|Gold Hunter Trophy||125,000|
It's possible to roughly estimate how long it takes to get the the rewards on some scenarios (i.e. completing a 800 kills task at reward level 5 every day).
First of all, the assuming the use of Wildcards to select a creature you would like to hunt, you should need approximately 5 cards per task (2 to select a creature and 3 to get the maximum reward level), meaning 50 Tibia Coins per task.
- Full Falconer Outfits (250,000 HTP, 1,370 Wildcards, 13,700 )
- Using 1 slot: 274 days (9 months and 4 days);
- Using 2 slots: 137 days (4 months and 17 days);
- Using 3 slots: 92 days (3 months and 2 days);
- Antelope Mount (225,000 HTP, 1,235 Wildcards, 12,350 )
- Using 1 slot: 247 days (8 months and 7 days);
- Using 2 slots: 124 days (4 months and 4 days);
- Using 3 slots: 83 days (2 months and 23 days);