When you are poisoned, this icon will appear under your ring slot: and you will start losing HP each turn. The HP you lose each turn depends on what poisoned you and gradually reduces till until it reaches 0 or you heal yourself (see below).
Poison clouds are found in some areas or can be created, for example, when a slime dies. Stepping in one of these will poison you, making you lose 103 total hitpoints, with the following amounts of damage over successive turns: 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1.
As with all magical damage, you can only be poisoned once at any time. That means that if you're taking poison damage and you get poisoned again, the first damage will stop and you'll just take damage from the last poison. For example, stepping in two poison clouds at close to the same time will only result in about 103 damage, not 206.
How to get and get rid of Poison
How to get Poison
- Standing in a Poison Cloud, either created by Giant Spiders, Scarabs, or Slimes (when they die) or created by spells like Poison Field, Poison Bomb and Poison Wall
- By attacks of some monsters like Scorpions or spells like Envenom.
- Drinking a Potion of slime or a "Cup/Mug of Slime". Any of which can be obtained by using a Vial,Cup, or Mug on a creature with green blood.
How to get rid of Poison
- Using the Antidote Spell or Antidote Rune.
- Asking a NPC in a Temple to heal you.
- Waiting for the effect to naturally dissapear.
Direct poison attack causes instant damage, without poison