Paladins are masters of long-range combat, well-balanced between weapons and magic. They focus on ranged weapons like bows, crossbows and spears to a deadly effect. They advance very fast in distance fighting and are quite capable in magic as well.
Paladins are not severely lacking in any area, but decimating enemies from afar with ranged weapons is what they do best. Below level 150 paladins focus on single-target combat, over that level they get access to AoE ammunition.
- Paladins can often hunt certain monsters at a lower level than other classes because of their high damage output and long range of attack
- At lower levels Paladins are very cost-efficient due to the good "damage cost" to "damage output" ratio.
- Paladins get the most value from elemental charms and can farm charm points relatively quickly.
- Paladins benefit highly from Onslaught weapon upgrade, as they use two AoE attacks per turn (ammunition + rune or AoE spell)
- Unlike knights, who tend to have a different weapon for each hunting ground, paladins can do well using their strongest bow in every hunt.
- Paladins have access to multiple pieces of gear granting Death protection.
- Paladins advance very quickly in distance fighting, even faster than knights do in melee skills
- Quick advancement in shielding (at the same rate as knights)
- Access to a solid array of spells
- The only class that can use holy damage spells, effective against undead and demonic creatures
- The only class that can use potions that restore health and mana simultaneously
- More capacity than sorcerers and druids
- More hitpoints and faster regeneration than sorcerers and druids
- More mana and faster regeneration than knights
- Faster advancement in magic level than knights
- Paladins have limited access to multi-target damage sources below level 150.
- Paladins rely mainly on physical and holy damage and unlike other classes have very limited access to elemental weapons.
- Paladins suffer from decreased accuracy when attacking enemies within melee range. This effect is nullified by high (over 90) distance fighting skill, as discovered by Tibia-Stats).
- Paladins cannot hunt without ammunition and large amounts of it take up a lot of carrying capacity
- Less capacity than knights
- Less mana and slower regeneration than sorcerers and druids
- Less hitpoints and slower regeneration than knights
- Slower advancement in magic level than sorcerers and druids
Advancement and regeneration
Stat increase per level
Royal paladins regenerate:
When a paladin reaches level 20, they can purchase a promotion and become a royal paladin with certain benefits.
Tips and tricks
All vocations should use their strengths to their own benefit. For example, it would be pointless for a knight to try and make money selling runes. Instead, use the unique aspects of the vocation to your advantage.
Compared to the other classes, paladins gain the most experience when hunting alone, because of their efficiency and how their combat style works. That is however, not to say that paladins are useless in team hunts. They simply work better alone than other classes.
Hunting as a paladin is simple in comparison to other vocations.
- Paladins are distance fighters. They avoid staying in melee range due to the decreased attack accuracy with ranged weapons. They use the environment to their advantage and keep their enemies at a distance.
- Paladins focus on physical attacks. They have access to ammunition that deals elemental damage and they can use various types of runes, but are far less effective in dealing elemental damage than mages.
- Use the offensive fighting mode. When you're wielding a ranged weapon, you gain no benefit from shielding and the defensive fighting mode limits your damage output.
- Paladins are efficient. Both their healing and damage are cost-effective.
- Paladins are decent blockers. Although they lack the ability to challenge, many monsters do not switch targets often, allowing a paladin to substitute a knight. Paladins have less health than knights but can also heal more efficiently if a druid is not present. Paladins, however, do not have access to stronger physical resistance gear like knights do.
Advancing your skills
While magic level is not as important to a paladin as it would be to a mage, a high magic level significantly boosts a paladin's damage output, as you can use an instant spell or a combat rune in the same turn as a ranged attack.
- Use instant combat spells while hunting. It is the best way to train magic level for any class. Use Divine Missile or Ethereal Spear as often as you can to maximize magic level advancement.
- Avoid having full mana. Your magic level advances by spending mana to cast spells. Every second with full mana could potentially be spent training your magic level.
- Always eat. Make sure you have access to food at all times. If you run out of food, you will not be able to regenerate mana.
- Sleep in a bed. If you are a Premium Account player, it's strongly recommended to put your paladin to sleep with a full stomach when you're not playing. This will grant you "free" mana that you otherwise wouldn't regenerate offline. It might not seem like much, but doing this constantly will be really helpful for your magic level.
Although paladins are ranged fighters, shielding can help in case close combat cannot be avoided. Training shielding is the same as for knights.
Paladins may have problems training shielding at high distance fighting levels. In that case, paladins can either try a stronger creature or resort to training with a melee weapon.
Note that your shielding level has no effect if you are wielding a two-handed weapon, such as a crossbow.
|Arrow Call||exevo infir con||✗||1||10||0||Support||Creates 3 Simple Arrows.|
|Cancel Invisibility||exana ina||✓||26||200||1,600||Support||Makes invisible creatures/players visible again.|
|Conjure Arrow||exevo con||✗||13||100||450||Support||Creates 10 Arrows.|
|Conjure Explosive Arrow||exevo con flam||✗||25||290||1,000||Support||Creates 8 Burst Arrows.|
|Cure Curse||exana mort||✓||80||40||6,000||Healing||Cures the Cursed condition.|
|Cure Poison||exana pox||✗||10||30||150||Healing||Cures the status of being poisoned.|
|Divine Caldera||exevo mas san||✓||50||160||3,000||Attack||Calls down a rain of holy fire to purify the area around the caster, dealing holy damage in a radius of 3 squares.|
|Divine Dazzle||exana amp res||✓||250||80||250,000||Support||Chains up to 3 creatures prioritising ranged creatures in a 6 sqm range. Creatures hit are turned into melee fighters for 8 seconds.|
|Divine Healing||exura san||✗||35||160||3,000||Healing||Restores a great amount of health to the target. This spell when used will also cure paralysis.|
|Divine Missile||exori san||✓||40||20||1,800||Attack||Blasts the selected target with divine energy, dealing holy damage. If no target is selected, the damage is focused on the single square right in front of the caster.|
|Enchant Spear||exeta con||✓||45||350||2,000||Support||Turns one ordinary Spear into an Enchanted Spear. You need to have at least one ordinary spear in your backpack to make one.|
|Ethereal Spear||exori con||✓||23||25||1,100||Attack||Throws a magical spear at the selected target, dealing physical damage based on the distance fighting skill.|
|Find Fiend||exiva moe res||✗||25||20||1,000||Support||Tells you which direction the nearest fiendish creature is, relative to you, and a rough idea of the distance.|
|Find Person||exiva "name"||✗||8||20||80||Support||Tells you which direction a certain player is, relative to you, and a rough idea of the distance.|
|Great Light||utevo gran lux||✗||13||60||500||Support||Provides illumination in a 4 tile radius around the caster (area effect). Duration is 11 minutes, 35 seconds.|
|Haste||utani hur||✓||14||60||600||Support||Increases your base Speed by 30% for 30 seconds. Cures paralysis.|
|Holy Flash||utori san||✓||70||30||7,500||Attack||Makes the target become dazzled, receiving holy damage over time.|
|Intense Healing||exura gran||✗||20||70||350||Healing||Restores a medium amount of health and cures paralysis.|
|Intense Recovery||utura gran||✓||100||165||10,000||Healing||A healing effect in intervals over time that heals 40 health points every 3 seconds for 60 seconds (total of 800 health points).|
|Levitate||exani hur up
exani hur down
|✓||12||50||500||Support||Permits vertical movement via levitation, up or down one level.|
|Light Healing||exura||✗||8||20||0||Healing||Restores a small amount of health and cures paralysis.|
|Light||utevo lux||✗||8||20||0||Support||Provides illumination in a 3 tile radius around the caster (area effect). Duration is 6 minutes, 10 seconds.|
|Magic Patch||exura infir||✗||1||6||0||Healing||Restores a small amount of health. (Cures paralysis)|
|Magic Rope||exani tera||✓||9||20||200||Support||Teleports you up through a hole when you are standing in a rope spot.|
|Protect Party||utamo mas sio||✓||32||Varies||4,000||Support||The Protect Party spell will raise the shielding by 3 for 2 minutes for every party member standing on one of these fields.|
|Recovery||utura||✓||50||75||4,000||Healing||A healing effect in intervals over time. that heals 20 health points every 3 seconds for 60 seconds (total of 400 health points).|
|Salvation||exura gran san||✓||60||210||8,000||Healing||Heals a huge amount of hitpoints.|
|Sharpshooter||utito tempo san||✓||60||450||8,000||Support||Increases the distance skill of the paladin by 40% for 10 seconds. While the spell is in effect, the paladin's speed is reduced by 70%, they cannot cast healing, support or supply spells.|
|Strong Ethereal Spear||exori gran con||✓||90||55||10,000||Attack||A strong version of the Ethereal Spear spell.|
|Summon Paladin Familiar||utevo gran res sac||✓||200||2000||50,000||Support||Summons a Paladin Familiar which lasts 15 minutes.|
|Swift Foot||utamo tempo san||✓||55||400||6,000||Support||Increases the paladin's speed by 80% for 10 seconds, they however can not attack or use attack spells during this time.|
|Destroy Field||adito grav||✗||17||120||700||Support||Makes 3 Destroy Field Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Destroys fire, poison and energy fields, from any distance as long there's nothing blocking the path.|
|Disintegrate||adito tera||✓||21||200||900||Support||Makes 3 Disintegrate Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Destroys movable objects.|
|Holy Missile||adori san||✓||27||300||1,600||Support||Makes 5 Holy Missile Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Shoots an attack that inflicts Holy Damage.|
Possible Hotkey Assignments
If you are having trouble with too many hotkeys to remember, then the following table may be useful for you. It provides an organized set of hotkey assignments for the most commonly used spells for this vocation.
This table is only an idea to help you build your own set of hotkeys, you obviously do not need to use these key assignments if you do not want to. See the page on Hotkeys for a blank template.
You can also print this table out and place it above your keyboard as a quick-reference. Make sure you print "landscape" instead of "profile", or you will not print the entire table.
|exura gran san||exura san||
|exura||utito tempo san||exori san||exori con||exori gran con||Great Spirit Potion||Strong Mana Potion||Utani hur||
Exevo mas san
|SHIFT+||Great Light.||Antidote.||Food.||Find Person.||Explosive Arrow.||Power Bolt.||Levitate Down.||Magic Rope.||Powerful|
|Missing Spells:||A lot.|
|Missing Runes:||A lot.|