|Aliases||Skjaar Quest, DTD Quest|
This quest has no legend.
Deep in a hidden cave below Mt. Sternum.
- You will need to find Skjaar below Mt Sternum (you can alternatively go through the Mount Sternum Undead Cave so you will only have to face Ghouls and Skeletons). You will need to pay him 1,000 gp and take his quiz. Before trying the quiz to buy the key check if the door to the chest room is unlocked! You may waste 1k if it is unlocked.
Enter through the west entrance of Mount Sternum (here), head downstairs. Then follow the route according to these maps:
- Skjaar will only let you past the door if you prove to him that you have known his master, Dago.
- The answers to his questions are "redips", "7", and "black" respectively.
This is how the answers were found:
Redips - a grave in the Graveyard of the Doomed reads: "Here lies the favourite spider of the greatest magician." Then ask Hoggle about 'pet names': "Once there was a magician who named all his creatures like their species read backward." 'Spider' read backwards is 'Redips'.
7 - a grave in the Graveyard of the Doomed reads: "In this grave lies the thumb of Dago, lost in a battle with a damon." Then ask Lubo about 'finger': "Oh, you sure mean this old story about the mage Dago, who lost two fingers when he conjured a dragon." If you ask him about 'pet names' he will refer you to Hoggle. 10 - 1 - 2 means Dago died with just seven fingers.
Black - find the book How to Summon Black Demons in the hidden Demon Skeleton room under Mount Sternum. This book is written by Dago. Lubo also hints you towards the answer when asked about 'magician': "I don't remember his name, but it's said that his banner was the black eye." Dago specialised in the summoning of black daemons.
- After passing the quiz, go through the Level 35 Gate of Expertise and then use Key 3142 to enter the crypt.
- Kill the 4 Ghouls and open the southern chests to get the loot.
- Note: north of the quest chests there's another chest, on top of a fire. This chest contains a Short Sword, 8 Poison Arrows, 34 gp and a White Pearl. This is a daily respawn.