This quest has no legend.
All over Tibia.
Most of the creatures that can be found on Tibia's surface and above.
Since this quest revolves around exploring all Tibia, several quests will be required to access different locations of the map.
This quest tracks your progress in discovering the Tibia Map using the Cyclopedia Map. Tibia is currently divided into 19 areas. Each area is subdivided in several subareas, some of which are discoverable. For example, the Thais area is divided into Thais City, Thais Surroundings, Greenshore, Fibula, Mount Sternum and Thais Troll's Cave.
The quest is split into two "missions". A Speck of Land tracks the progress of discovery of the active subarea, while The Wide World tracks the number of areas fully discovered.
A Speck of Land
To discover a subarea, open the Cyclopedia, switch to the Map tab, click the subarea you want to discover and then click the Start Discovering button. Once you confirm your choice, several Points of Interest (PoI) will be randomly placed across the map. The PoIs are placed differently for each player, which means you'll have to search for them yourself. In order to complete this subarea, you have to find 7 PoIs within it. Note that you cannot discover multiple subareas simultaneously, i.e., if you start to discover a new area your current progress will be reset. Once 7 PoIs of a subarea has been discovered, this subarea will be permanently unlocked for that character and you can start discovering another one.
Here are some tips regarding discovering subareas:
- A message will be shown on the bottom of the game window every time you enter or leave the subarea you're currently discovering. Pay attention to it to avoid searching outside of the valid zone.
- A subarea can span across multiple floors. For example, city subareas usually also include their sewers as well as the upper floor of public buildings, walls and watchtowers.
- PoIs are invisible if your character is on a different floor. For this reason you should still go up or down a level even if it seems like there are no PoIs there.
- Even though more than 7 PoIs are generated for each subarea, you may find yourself stuck. If this happens, you can choose to reset the locations of the PoIs, but this will also reset you progress for this subarea, so think well before doing so.
- It's recommended that you activate discovering a subarea while outside of it. That's because Points of Interest will not be generated in the current game window, which may lead to the exclusion of one or more points that would have been easy to spot otherwise.
- If you are exploring a large open area, it's over 35% more efficient to scan across the area from top to bottom rather than side to side. This is because the game window is 15x11 squares, so if you walk vertically, you are seeing more squares for every step you take.
- Some tiles, for example quest doors or breakable-walls, are not part of the subarea. Because of this, when walking through them you will get the message that you left the subarea, even if the area ahead of you is also part of it. Always go into the room past these locations to make sure you're not discarding an active searching area. An example of this is the level door that guards the Medusa and Serpent Spawn dungeon under Talahu.
Some subareas can be tricky because of special situations:
- The hall and watching areas of the Duelling Arenas and Monster Arenas of each town are also part of the respective City subarea.
- The Tibian Prize Exhibition is part of the Thais City subarea. Thus, unless it's Sunday, it may be harder to find all 7 points around Thais and you might have to reset the points to find all 7.
- The Exhibition area of the Museum of Tibian Arts is also considered part of Thais Surroundings.
- In order to fully explore the Ice Islands subarea, it is advised to shipwreck in the Arctic Faun's Island which happens by chance. Otherwise, it might be needed to reset your points several times in order to discover this subarea only on the isle reached through Folda.
- You can only explore Zzaion when its open due to the Orc Raid there.
- The small mountain side east of Vengoth is also part of its subarea, and you may find a point of interest here by going up the ramp from the Zao Steppe.
- The Dragonblaze Peaks subarea also contains the Zao Palace Antechambers and the Zao Palace itself, though you can find 6 or even 7 points without entering the Palace, but if you're missing one you may have to face some Drakens.
- The Emperor's Castle includes the Inner Sanctum, which is the area of the Wrath of the Emperor Quest with Ghastly Dragons and Undead Dragons.
- Ragnir Stone Golem cave (here) is part of Krimhorn (Barbarian Camp) subarea.
- When discovering Folda, which has a huge underground cave system, waypoints are also generated inside the cave from Alawar's Vault Quest. It is highly advisable to combine that quest (the long path) with exploring Folda, since that cave can only be reached by acquiring certain keys.
- When discovering the Ankrahmun Pharaoh Tombs, points of interests can also be generated inside the boss rooms.
The Wide World
As you discover more subareas of a given area, you will unlock some new map features for this area:
- After unlocking 30% of the area, locations of NPCs within that respective area will be shown on the map.
- For discovering 70% of the area, you'll be able to see passages to subareas on other map layers and teleports will be displayed as stair symbols on the map.
- Once you discover 100% of an area, you will receive the following perks:
- creatures that occur in those subareas are listed when you click on a subarea's name or on a passages symbol that leads to this subarea. Creatures for which the Bestiary entry has not yet been unlocked are displayed as a silhouette.
- You will be notified one hour before a raid is due to take place in that area. 15 minutes before the raid, you will be notified of the specific subarea, unless the raid below the ground floor. (For example, if for a raid in Nothern Darama no 15-minute imminent raid icon shows up, that means it’s a raid in Drefia.)
- Finally, you'll receive an Achievement corresponding to this area.
Besides the reward received for completing subareas and areas, you can also receive the Discoverer Outfits and its two addons for completing 10, 15 and 20 areas, respectively. Note that since there are currently only 19 areas in the game, the reward for 20 areas is not obtainable yet, but will be in the future when new areas are added to the map.
When you complete 10 discovered Areas, you'll receive this message:
Awesome! You have already discovered 10 areas completely! Go and find Charos. He might have a little reward for such an ambitious discoverer like you.
You will also receive the Dedicated Entrepreneur character title after exploring 50% of the map areas, and the Globetrotter title after exploring 100%.
Receiving the basic outfit:
Receiving the first addon: