Luring is to move a Creature from it natural Spawn point to a certain place. This could be making the Creature to follow the lurer or roping up the Creature. Normally, monsters can be lured 50 squares from their spawn, and raid monsters can be lured without restrictions, and some monsters may have smaller luring range to avoid abuse, like the slime under Carlin.
Lurers do this to kill people they dislike (especially in Non-PvP Worlds where you can't attack other people, or to kill on PvP without getting a skull).
Luring was considered against the Tibia Rules in non-pvp worlds before 2010, when the Tibia Rules were reformulated, and could ruin your reputation.
It is not always bad, as players usually lure Creatures to use them for training, and for special occasions, like making Zoo's etc. The August 2005 update introduced a new feature where once a monster was taken too far from its spawn point, it would dissapear. This was intended to eliminate luring. However, some Paladins have reported having trouble killing Giant Spiders, because of the popular tactic of running while shooting over their shoulder. This causes the Giant Spider to disappear while still engaged in combat with the Paladin. Similar problems may exist with the other spawns (example, Valkyrie).
Bosses, monsters that spawn from quests and monsters from raids are not restricted by the normal "anti-luring" boundaries.
- Orc Berserkers, Orc Warlords and Orc Riders to the Venore Amazon Camp (Via luring the ones that spawn when repairing the walls in the Machinery of War Quest. They can be lured to other places too, but they poof in 5 minutes).
- Bonelords to Fibula Dungeon entrance.
- Demon Skeletons to Fibula Dungeon entrance.
- Demon Skeletons to upper levels of Ghostland.
- Scorpions to the entrance level of Thais Trolls Cave.
- Slimes and Minotaur Archers from Dusalk's Troll Clan Cave to the Dwarf Bridge.
- Dwarf Guards to upper levels of Kazordoon Dwarven Mines. (The lower dwarf and rotworm level and the dwarf soldier level)
- Cyclopes around Thais lake. (From the underground).
- Minotaur Mages, Minotaur Guards and Cyclopes to H.L. in Outlaw Camp.
- Giant Spiders, Orc Leaders and Dragons to PoH temple.
- Bonelords to Thais north entrance.
- Witches to the Venore Amazon Camp and to the single Bear spawn south of Black Knight's Villa.
- Scorpions to Venore gate.
- Scorpions to Darashia.
- Minotaur Mages and Tarantulas to the Guild Hall north of PoH.
- Slimes to Carlin.
- Orc Berserkers to the upper level of the Ancient Temple.
- Giant Spiders near Dark Cathedral.
- Hydras to (or even up onto) the rope bridge at the west end of the Tiquanda-Ankrahmun mountain pass.
- Banshees (from raid in PoH) to Venore Amazon Camp, Dwarf Bridge, Thais Bridge and Venore entrance.
- Tarantulas to Thais south entrace.
- Bosses (They are not restricted by the normal "anti-luring" boundaries):
- Orshabaal (from near the Hero Cave) to Cyclopolis.
- Old Widow (from Plains of Havoc) to Thais Bridge, Venore Amazon Camp, Dwarf Bridge or the gates of Venore.
- Tiquandas Revenge (from north east Tiquanda) to Port Hope.
- General Murius to the maze between Mintwallin and Ancient Temple.
- Munster to Rookgaard city circle.
- The Evil Eye to the entrance of the Bonelord hell in Hellgate.
Old Lures (not possible anymore)
- Cyclopes to Thais.
- Dragon Lords to PoH temple or Venore Gates.
- Dwarf Guard to Edron.
- Amazons and Valkyries to Carlin.
- Dragon from Kazordoon to Carlin and Ab'Dendriel.
- Minotaurs, Minotaur Archers and Dwarf Soldiers from the southwest fields to the surface Mailbox at the mines.
- Giant Spiders to roads between Dwarf Bridge, Thais, and Venore (the Luring Triangle). The Most Common Lure.
- Elf Arcanists and Elf Scouts to roads south of Dwarf Bridge.
- Elf Arcanists to Ab'Dendriel depot.
- Elf Scouts to Thais.
- Bonelords and Ghouls to south Venore gate.
- Fire Devils to the Rotworms area in Ancient Temple and into Thais.
- Fire Elementals to upper levels or Entrance of Folda cave.
- Hunters to roads south of Dwarf Bridge.
- Hunters to H.L. in Outlaw Camp.
- Minotaurs to Upper Levels of Rookgaard Minotaur Hell cave.
- Orc Spearmen to the entrance of Rookgaard North-Western area.
- Minotaur Guards to Thais.
- Scorpions to Thais.
- Bonelords to Thais.
- Water Elementals to Folda cave entrace.
- Giant Spiders, Monks, Orc Berserkers and other creatures to Carlin from the Maze of Lost Souls.