|Est. Length||30-45 minutes|
December 12, 2014
A rock formation has been discovered north-west of Darashia.
- Cobra Tongue (mission only)
- Small Ruby (daily task)
- Small Sapphire (daily task)
- Small Amethyst (daily task)
- Small Topaz (daily task)
Start by exploring the above ground rock structure by climbing the staircases both inside and outside the mountain. On the upper floors you can find Lion's Mane Flower and a fountain. Use the Lion's Mane Flower to obtain a Lion's Mane Flower. Use the fountain to obtain an Ewer with Holy Water.
- You took some holy water from the sacred well.
You cannot take holy water from the well more than once in a short time (1 day?).
This floor has a series of tunnels which lead to small rooms filled with semi-weak undead monsters. You must complete 3 trials to progress, it doesn't really matter in which order.
The Lion's Strength
The first trial is to the north-west. You will find a Slightly Feline Statue, here. Use the Cobra Tongue on this statue. The Small Pagoda will light up signifying that you have passed the trial. You will also receive a server message indicating such:
- You have sacrificed a cobra tongue at an ancient statue. The light in the small pyramid nearby begins to shine.
The Lion's Beauty
- You burnt a lion's mane flower. The light in the small pyramid nearby begins to shine.
The Lion's Tears
The third trial is to the north-east, just east of the first trial. You will find an Ornamented Stone Pedestal here. Pour the Ewer with Holy Water onto the Ornamented Stone Pedestal and the Small Pagoda will light up.
- You have purified a sacred pedestal with holy water. You have now passed the last test to enter the inner sanctum.
Completing the 3 trials will enable you to enter the Inner Sanctum, through the Mystic Flame on the west side of this floor. You can enter as many times as you like without redoing the trials.
- You have passed the Lion's Tests and are now worthy to enter the inner sanctum!
On the second floor you will face Ancient Scarabs and Roaring Lions. The floor is split into 3 parts, which are each separated connected by a small tunnel on the third floor. You start in the middle part.
On the second floor, go west and north and down a hole here. Then walk north and go up here. Now walk north and run past a Large Amphora in the middle of the room, here. It will crumble, and along with a Translation Scroll you will receive the following message:
- As you pass incautiously, the ancient amphora crumbles to shards and dust. Amidst the debris you discover an old scroll.
Now that you have the Translation Scroll, you must go to certain parts of the map to decipher the scroll. The scroll will automatically activate when you stand on specific tiles. There are 4 tiles that must be walked near to activate the scroll, there is no specific order needed.
- From the start, go to the south-east. Go down the stairs here and go up the stairs at the south end of the tunnel here. You'll be in the south-east area now.
- Go to the westernmost part of this area (south and then west of the stairs). You will find a Hyaena Statue here and receive the following server message:
- With the aid of the old scroll you translate the inscriptions on the golden statue: And the mighty lion defeated the greedy
- hyaena. As a sign of victory he took its blood, red as voracity and lust, and created a precious treasure.
- From the hyaena statue, go back north-east and go down here. Go up the stairs at the end of the tunnel here to arrive back at the middle area.
- The egg inscription is to the north-east of this area, here.
- With the aid of the old scroll you translate the inscriptions on the floor: And the mighty lion defeated the lazy lizard.
- As a sign of victory he took its egg, blue as sloth and conceit, and out of a foul creature he created a precious treasure.
- From the egg inscription, go to the far north-west part of the floor. Go down the stairs here and follow the tunnel north. Go up the stairs here to arrive at the north-west area.
- The snake inscription is at the north side of this area, here.
- With the aid of the old scroll you translate the inscriptions on the floor: And the mighty lion defeated the jealous snake.
- As a sign of victory he took its eye, yellow as envy and malevolence, and out of a foul creature he created a precious treasure
- With the aid of the old scroll you translate the inscriptions on the golden altar: And the mighty lion defeated the treacherous
- scorpion. As a sign of victory he took its poison, violet as deceit and betrayal, and created a precious treasure.
These inscriptions give you the solution for the next riddle, namely the colors (red, blue, yellow, violet).
After completing the mission to grant access to the Lion's Rock Inner Sanctum and translate the scroll you can do this task to obtain a random reward. In the north-west area of the Inner Sanctum, find the southern rectangular room to the south-west, here. In this room you will find 4 "sun" floor inscriptions as well as a rock in the center. The sun inscriptions represent gem slots.
Here you must use gems corresponding to the slot's representation. You can see the slot's representation by looking at the tile.
- You place the ruby on the small socket. A red flame begins to burn.
- You place the sapphire on the small socket. A blue flame begins to burn.
- You place the topaz on the small socket. A yellow flame begins to burn.
- You place the amethyst on the small socket. A violet flame begins to burn. Something happens at the centre of the room ...
Once you have sacrificed all 4 of the gems, an Ornamented Fountain (Bubbling) will appear in the middle of the room where the rocks were. Use the fountain to get your reward, which will be random out of the items listed below.
- Something sparkles in the fountain's water. You draw out a beautiful and certainly precious amulet.
Possible rewards from the fountain are:
You can repeat this every 24 hours (not 20 hours, like most other tasks) to obtain another random reward.
See also:Lion's Rock Quest/Statistics
If you have obtained the Noble Lion mount, you cannot obtain The Lion's Heart, even if you never obtained The Lion's Heart from the fountain. Be aware that you will be able to use your small gems on the sockets (to reveal the fountain) even if you cannot obtain a reward. In that case, using the fountain results in the following message:
At the moment there is neither a treasure nor anything else in the fountain. Perhaps you might return later.
Also note that other players can use the fountain that you revealed, so it's not wise to do it if somebody is around that you do not trust.
You can leave now if you choose to. If you obtained The Lion's Heart you can tame a Noble Lion. To reach the Noble Lions you must go to the lion temple. Go north of the gem room and follow the tunnel west until you reach an intersection. Turn east at the intersection and go down the stairs. On the first time going down here you will receive the server message:
- You enter a temple area which is gorgeously decorated and mysteriously unaffected by the course of time.