Life Drain is a type of Magical Damage that cannot be used by players, only creatures. It is displayed in the game console as Red Text, and it is similar to other magical damage in that it cannot be blocked, and is not reduced by your armor even though it looks the same as if you were taking Physical Damage due to the color text displayed. It is the same as Mana Drain, except it takes your hitpoints instead of mana.
List of creatures that can use Life Drain:
Other Life Drains
- Life Drain Hit (This attack is only used if you are next to the monster it may look like a death hit or other element but you know is life drain if you see red sparkles.
- Distance Life Drain (You get life drained from a long distance)
- Life Drain Beam
- Great Life Drain Bomb
- Small Life Drain Wave (This attack similar to Energy Wave but with SD hits, however it does life drain damage.)
- Undead Minion - No longer in game
- Life Drain Berserk (Displays red sparkles around the creature in a radius similar to the Berserk spell.)
Life Drain Protection
The following equipment reduces damage taken from Life Drain:
There are no Helmets protecting against Life Drain.
There are no Armors protecting against Life Drain.
There are no Legs protecting against Life Drain.
There are no Boots protecting against Life Drain.
There are no Shields protecting against Life Drain.
There are no Spellbooks protecting against Life Drain.
There are no Melee Weapons protecting against Life Drain.
Bows and Crossbows
Rods and Wands
|Ring of Souls||0.80||physical +2%, life drain +10%||2 hours||200|
Amulets and Necklaces
|Garlic Necklace||3.80||life drain +20%||150|
|Necklace of the Deep||5.00||life drain +50%||50||120|
|Bone Fiddle||life drain +5%||38.00|