Knights are masters of melee combat. They possess greater physical strength than other vocations and are able to carry more items at any given level.
As a result of their focus on physical skills, knights are severely lacking in terms of magical abilities.
- Knights advance the fastest in melee skills
- Knights advance quickly in shielding, at the same rate as paladins and much faster than sorcerers and druids
- Largest capacity
- Largest amount of hitpoints and fastest regeneration
- Can use Challenge to rescue their teammates
- Knights are melee fighters and as such, they don't need to run around shooting enemies with runes or ranged weapons, their gameplay tends to be a bit more relaxed
- The only supplies knights need on a hunt are potions, they have no need for runes or ammunition and because of that, and their huge carrying capacity, they are good for money-making
- At a higher level knights are good at dealing damage to multiple enemies at once; they are not as good at it as sorcerers and druids, but better than paladins
- Knights tend to deal less single target damage than the other classes
- Lowest amount of maximum mana and slowest regeneration
- Knights advance extremely slowly in magic level, which means offensive runes deal very low damage and certain runes like Energy Bombs cannot be used until a very high level
- Because of their low magic level, knights have weak healing spells. They have access to stronger health potions than other classes, but it is more expensive than healing with spells
- Knights have trouble fighting monsters that are resistant to physical damage. Using a weapon imbued with elemental damage might help, but the cost of the imbuement might make it harder to profit
Advancement and regeneration
Stat increase per level
Elite knights regenerate:
When a knight reaches level 20, they can purchase a promotion and become an elite knight with certain benefits.
Tips and Tricks
All vocations should use their strengths to their own benefit. For example, it would be useless for a knight to try and make money selling runes. Instead, use the unique aspects of the vocation to your advantage.
- Block for other players, especially Druids and Sorcerers. You can either split the loot, or just charge a specific amount of money based upon your skills and the time you spend blocking for the other player.
- Pick up loot from the ground. Many times a Mage will continue hunting when they have no more capacity to carry loot. They will then either throw it on the ground, or leave it in the creature. If you find a cave with a lot of corpses or items on the ground, start picking up every sellable item you can carry. (this is mostly advisable on optional-PVP worlds since you cannot get hunted).
- Hunt alone. Unless you're sharing experience, knights generally gain the most experience by hunting alone, since mages and paladins usually do more damage with their runes.
- Hunt with plenty of Health Potions. This is generally in-expensive and will save your life. It is recommended that you carry 20 potions per 10 of your characters levels (for example, a lvl 33 knight should carry 60+ Health Potions).
- Hunt creatures that do not run away in low health. This will help to advance your Shielding skill while gaining some Experience and Melee skills.
- When hunting stronger creatures, hunt creatures that DO run away in low health. This will give you more time to kill them when they are not attacking you. Trap them in a corner so that they do not lure you into a dangerous situation.
- Use shared experience. Block in a team with shared experience, you will get less experience per kill than you would soloing, but the waste will be much less and you can kill much stronger creatures without having to use many Health Potions.
Advancing Your Skills
- Use Balanced Fighting. Using Balanced Fighting during normal hunting will allow you to advance your Melee and Shielding skills at "normal" rates. If you are not "powergaming" to gain experience quickly, then using Balanced Fighting will cause your melee and shielding skills to advance appropriately for your level and you will have "good" (not "fabulous") skills for the entire life of your character.
- Use a weak weapon. As your Melee skill advances, you will kill weaker creatures very quickly. Using a weak weapon will allow you to attack a creature for a longer amount of time, therefore advancing your melee skill faster. The weakest Sword Weapon is a Knife, the weakest Club Weapon is a Crowbar and the weakest Axe Weapon is a Sickle.
- Attack creatures that heal themselves or spawn other creatures. Training on a self-healing creature will allow you to train longer before killing the creature. If it heals itself fast enough, then you could train indefinitely. Another option is to train on a creature that spawns other creatures. Slimes are very common for this. Attacking and killing the spawned creatures will allow you to continue to train without killing the creature you are training on.
- Use a one-handed weapon and a shield. Although a two-handed weapon will generally cause more damage than a one-handed weapon, you will not gain shielding skills that way.
- Use Balanced Fighting or Defensive Fighting. If you use Offensive Fighting, then you will kill the creatures faster, but you will take more hits and your shielding skill will not advance as quickly.
- Never have full mana. Your Magic Level is advancing when you are using mana. Every second that you have full mana, you are losing potential magic level advancement.
- Spend as little time as possible in Protection Zones. You cannot use mana that you do not regenerate, so spend as little time as possible in situations where you do not regenerate mana.
- If you have a daily reward streak of 3, 4 or 5 days, you will regenerate mana inside Resting Areas as depots, temples and houses. So you don't need to avoid being inside these places even though they are also protection zones.
- If you are a Premium Account player and you have a daily reward streak of 6 or more days, you are advised to stay inside resting areas since you will regenerate twice the mana you would regenerate outside these places.
- Always eat. Make sure you have access to Food at all times. If you run out of food, then you will not be able to regenerate mana.
- Carry Mana Potions. Not only is this a good idea if you get in a jam, but using Mana Potions will help you advance your Magic Level faster.
Pages of Particular Interest to Knights
- Creatures: full list of creatures organized by type
- Knight's Hunt/Free Account: suggested hunts for Free Account Knights of all levels and skills
- Knight's Hunt/Premium Account: suggested hunts for Premium Account Knights of all levels and skills
|Annihilation||exori gran ico||✓||110||300||20000||Attack||Attempts to execute the selected target with a devastating blow, dealing massive physical damage.|
|Berserk||exori||✓||35||115||2500||Attack||Performs a whirlwind attack, dealing physical damage to all surrounding targets.|
|Blood Rage||utito tempo||✓||60||290||8000||Support||Increases your melee attack skills (fist fighting, axe fighting, club fighting and sword fighting) by 35% for 10 seconds. Concentrating on the fight, a knight will neglect his defense being unable to block any attack with his shield.|
|Bruise Bane||exura infir ico||✗||1||10||0||Healing||Restores a tiny amount of health.|
|Brutal Strike||exori ico||✓||16||30||1000||Attack||Performs a brutal attack on the selected target, dealing physical damage.|
|Challenge||exeta res||✓||20||40||2000||Support||Makes all creatures nearby change their target to the caster for at least 6 seconds.|
|Charge||utani tempo hur||✓||25||100||1300||Support||Increases your speed by 90% for 5 seconds.|
|Cure Bleeding||exana kor||✓||45||30||2500||Healing||Stops the Special Condition called Bleeding.|
|Cure Poison||exana pox||✗||10||30||150||Healing||Cures the status of being poisoned.|
|Fierce Berserk||exori gran||✓||90||340||7500||Attack||Performs a furious whirlwind attack, dealing massive physical damage to all surrounding targets.|
|Find Person||exiva "NAME"||✗||8||20||80||Support||Tells you which direction a certain player is, relative to you, and a rough idea of the distance.|
|Front Sweep||exori min||✓||70||200||4000||Attack||Performs a powerful cleave attack, dealing strong physical damage to the targets in front of the knight.|
|Great Light||utevo gran lux||✗||13||60||500||Support||Provides illumination in a 4 tile radius around the caster (area effect). Duration is 11 minutes, 35 seconds.|
|Groundshaker||exori mas||✓||33||160||1500||Attack||A massive stomp dealing physical damage in a 3 square meter radius.|
|Haste||utani hur||✓||14||60||600||Support||Increases Speed. (Consult the Formula page to determine the enhancement.) Duration is 31 seconds. Cures paralysis.|
|Inflict Wound||utori kor||✓||40||30||2500||Attack||It inflicts an open wound on the enemy target making them lose health over time, by dealing Bleed Damage (in a descending order) over time.|
|Intense Recovery||utura gran||✓||100||165||10000||Healing||A healing effect in intervals over time that heals 40 health points every 3 seconds for 60 seconds (total of 800 health points).|
|Intense Wound Cleansing||exura gran ico||✓||80||200||6000||Healing||Heals roughly half of your total hit points.|
|Levitate|| exani hur up|
exani hur down
|✓||12||50||500||Support||Permits vertical movement via levitation, up or down one level.|
|Light||utevo lux||✗||8||20||0||Support||Provides illumination in a 3 tile radius around the caster (area effect). Duration is 6 minutes, 10 seconds.|
|Magic Rope||exani tera||✓||9||20||200||Support||Teleports you up through a hole when you are standing in a rope spot.|
|Protector||utamo tempo||✓||55||200||6000||Support||Increases the knight's shielding to 220% for 13 seconds. Concentrating on his protection, the knight will not be able to attack any opponents during this period of time, nor cast spells.|
|Recovery||utura||✓||50||75||4000||Healing||A healing effect in intervals over time. that heals 20 health points every 3 seconds for 60 seconds (total of 400 health points).|
|Summon Skullfrost||utevo gran res eq||✓||200||1000||50000||Support||Summons a Skullfrost which lasts 15 minutes.|
|Train Party||utito mas sio||✓||32||Varies||4000||Support||Raises the Fist Fighting, sword, axe, club and distance fighting skills of party members in a range of 36 square meters around the caster by 3 for 2 minutes.|
|Whirlwind Throw||exori hur (with a target)||✓||28||40||1500||Attack||Throws the wielded weapon at the selected target like a boomerang, dealing physical damage.|
|Wound Cleansing||exura ico||✗||8||40||0||Healing||Restores a small amount of health.|
Possible Hotkey Assignments
If you are having trouble with too many hotkeys to remember, then the following table may be useful for you. It provides an organized set of hotkey assignments for the most commonly used spells for this vocation.
This table is only an idea to help you build your own set of hotkeys, you obviously do not need to use these key assignments if you do not want to. See the page on Hotkeys for a blank template.
You can also print this table out and place it above your keyboard as a quick-reference. Make sure you print "landscape" instead of "profile", or you will not print the entire table.
|Health Potion.||Wound Cleansing||Mana Potion||Recovery||Berserk.||Brutal Strike||Haste.||Levitate Up||Levitate Down||Magic Rope.|
|SHIFT+||Light.||Intense Wound Cleansing||Intense Recovery||Fierce Berserk.||Annihilation|
See also: Knight Template