- Your tainted soul belongs to us anyway!
- You should consider bargaining for your life!
Hellflayers have hitherto been rarely seen in the realms of mortals. While other demons are known for their sheer strength and destructive power, Hellflayers are more dreaded and revered for their malicious cunning. Usually, they prefer to stay in the demon strongholds and spend their time plotting and scheming, although they seem to be involved with the spreading of certain spells which allow mortals to call them into their world. If they are summoned, it is usually a specific Hellflayer that can be called, and instead of being used as a help in battle, they are more prized as advisors and teachers of the dark arts. The reason for their eagerness to be summoned might be related to the fact that they often offer blood pacts to their summoners, and serve as emissaries of darker powers. Their offers are forbidden knowledge about artefacts, skills and spells, and their demands vary from seemingly harmless and easy deeds in their service to claiming parts of the summoner's soul. Hellflayers often keep close contact to their summoners and lure them deeper and deeper into their dark web. This is commonly known among summoners, but the appeal of the power and knowledge the Hellflayers offer has been hard to resist for many a curious mind. And while only the most foolish believe themselves to be the master of their summoned creature, in the end many fall victim to the hidden snares the Hellflayers add to their deals and pacts. Hellflayers aren't free from vanity of their own, though. They tend to see themselves as somewhat of the demonic aristocracy, courting the various demon lords and princes with their services. Though generally more interested in corrupting and enthralling mortals, their arsenal of spells makes them a formidable opponent if they are forced to fight. Especially the places they call home are fiercely protected. But even then, they prefer to rely on other demons to take the beating, and readily sacrifice them for their own survival.
Damage Taken From Elements
A hellflayer never retreats.
These are one of the strongest non-boss creatures in the game and their beam is extremely dangerous.
Its experience was decreased from 12,500 to 4,375 with the first batch of changes of Update 12.31. It was later increased to 10,000 and 11,000 with the second and sixth batches of changes, respectively.
- 1-200× Gold Coin (common)
- 1-12× Platinum Coin (common)
- 1-3× Flask of Demonic Blood (uncommon)
- Demonic Essence (uncommon)
- Pair of Hellflayer Horns (uncommon)
- 1-5× Great Spirit Potion (uncommon)
- 1-5× Great Mana Potion (uncommon)
- 1-5× Ultimate Health Potion (uncommon)
- 1-5× Small Amethyst (uncommon)
- 1-5× Small Emerald (uncommon)
- 1-5× Small Diamond (uncommon)
- 1-2× Gold Ingot (uncommon)
- 1-5× Small Ruby (uncommon)
- 1-5× Small Topaz (uncommon)
- Giant Shimmering Pearl (Green) (semi-rare)
- Red Gem (semi-rare)
- Violet Gem (semi-rare)
- Rift Lance (rare)
- Magma Boots (rare)
- Magma Legs (rare)
- Green Gem (rare)
- Titan Axe (rare)
- Mastermind Shield (very rare)
- Rift Shield (very rare)
- Rift Crossbow (very rare)
- Rift Bow (very rare)
- Golden Armor (very rare)
- Demonbone Amulet (very rare)
- Skull Helmet (very rare)
- Magic Plate Armor (very rare)
- Spellbook of Mind Control (very rare)
- Heavy Mace (very rare)