|Quest Log||Grimvale Quest|
July 21, 2015
A terrible curse transforms the inhabitants of a small island north-east of Edron into dangerous were-creatures on every full moon. Can you help them or succumb to their horrible fate?
The Curse of the Full Moon: A chance to fight Feroxa;
The Curse Spreads: Foxtail Amulet and the Achievement Over the Moon;
An Ancient Feud: A Cask (Goblin Zombie), a Lit Torch (Sparkling), a Lion Mosaic (Mane), a Lion Mosaic (Head), the achievement Drama in Darama and access to the shortcuts to the Lion Sanctum.
- Travel money;
- The Curse Spreads: Blood Brothers Quest complete up to mission 3 (access to Vengoth).
- An Ancient Feud:
The Curse of the Full Moon
- Note: This mission can only be done during full moon nights. To find out if it's a full moon, check The World Board at the Adventurer's Guild.
Grimvale is an island under quarantine because it contains were-sickness. Humans who exhibit the were-sickness are forbidden to leave the island, although this quarantine is not very effective because the were-sickness is not restricted to Grimvale. Werebeasts must seek Purple Nightshade Blossoms within Grimvale to have a hope of curing their illness. If you are bitten by a werebeast you will eventually change into one of them, depending on which beast you were bitten by. You cannot leave the island except by dying or teleporting. NPCs on the mainland will not react to your condition except Cornell at Edron who will suggest you go to Grimvale to find a cure.
There are 4 NPCs on Grimvale. Most of them have taken on a secondary role of researching the sickness. Cornell is responsible for quarantine and the journey back to Edron, Gladys is a trader offering basic tools and purchases were-beast creature products, Maeryn is a druid and overseer of the island and takes donations to help cure the sickness. Owin is a researcher who is devoted to fighting the sickness; suspiciously, he vanishes on full moons.
- Warning: Because you cannot leave as a werebeast, it's not recommended to come here unless you are well prepared. To cure yourself you can either wait for a day that doesn't experience full moons, or eat Purple Nightshade Blossoms which can be found on the 2nd floor of the dungeon.
The were-sickness is curable by eating Purple Nightshade Blossoms. These flowers are hard to come by, being found exclusively in the Grimvale dungeon. To obtain Purple Nightshade Blossoms, go into the Grimvale dungeon by falling down the Pitfall at the north-east of the island. In this dungeon, there are 3 Blooming Purple Nightshades to harvest from:
- From the start, head south and follow the cave south-east, where in the next room you will find the first flower (here).
- Head west to the end of the cave and drop down the pitfall to the next floor. Walk north to find the second flower (here).
- Head east and follow the path south-east to find the third flower (here).
When you harvest Purple Nightshade Blossoms you will receive the message:
- You pick the large blooming blossom from the stem of this purple nightshade.
However, you can only harvest these during full moons because when it is not a full moon, you will see Purple Nightshades in place of the Blooming Purple Nightshades. Attempting to harvest a non-blooming Purple Nightshade will display a server message:
- This purple nightshade is currently not blooming. No blossoms can be harvested.
You will only need blossoms during full moons because the symptoms of were-sickness are only exhibited during these days. That is, if you cannot harvest blossoms because of the world state, the NPCs will react as if you aren't sick.
Obtaining the Liquid Silver Trap
The battle against Feroxa requires your team have many Closed Silvered Traps. To obtain these, you will need to bring Maeryn a Closed Trap and Vial of Liquid Silver. You can buy the Closed Trap at general equipment stores, even from Gladys, for 280 gold. Obtaining Vial of Liquid Silver is a bit more difficult. Go into the Grimvale dungeon, third floor, and use a Pick (Secret Agent tools will also work) on any Silver Vein in the mountain walls. You may not be able to obtain Vial of Liquid Silver at every try, in which case you will receive the message:
- Even after a thorough and frustrating search you could not find enough liquified silver in this vein to fill a flask.
This does not mean that particular vein is empty - you could repeat the process and succeed. When you have attempted to mine a vein, you will be unable to try again for 2 minutes. Mining again before this period is up will result in the following message:
- You are still exhausted from earlier attempts. Getting liquid silver out of the mountain needs concentration and a steady hand.
When you are successful you will see the following message and obtain a Vial of Liquid Silver that lasts for 24 hours.
- Carefully you gather some of the liquified silver from this vein in a small flask. You now feel strangely affected to the moon.
- The mythic fires beneath your feet heal you.
- Player is healed.
- Note: There is supposedly a side-quest related to these glowing marks. Nothing is known about this at the moment.
If it's not a full moon, you will be unable to mine the Silver Vein:
- Only in the light of the full moon, these strange veins of unique silver will liquify and be soft enough to be mined.
Mining liquid silver, 41 trials.
||Tries to get 1
|Even after a thorough and frustrating search you could not find enough liquified silver in this vein to fill a flask.||31||75.61%||2|
|Carefully you gather some of the liquified silver from this vein in a small flask. You now feel strangely affected to the moon.||10||24.39%||5|
Note: You will complete the mission by entering Feroxa's lair once the raid begins, even if you don't fight it.
The Curse Spreads
Talk to Daniel Steelsoul inside the Edron Castle and ask him about the curse. He will explain how they have been able to cure some of the sick citizens of Edron, but not all of them, and they are not sure why, but someone at the Noodles Academy of Modern Magic must know. Go to the Ivory Towers and talk to Milos at the upper floors of the north-west tower and ask him if he knows anything about the curse.
Milos will say that he has made written some notes about this disease and that you should find them. There are 4 notes:
- Piece of Parchment (Gold), located in one of the bookcases of the central tower;
- Piece of Parchment (Silver), located in one of the bookcases of the central tower;
- Piece of Parchment (Shadow Bite), located in one of the bookcases of the central tower;
- Hastily Scribbled Note, located inside a Box near NPC Puffels (south-tower).
After getting all 4 notes, go back to Milos. He will give you a Stone Tablet with Ley Lines and Crimson Nightshade Blossoms and instruct you to use his notes to obtain the other ingredients, which are Shadow Bite Berries, Gold Dust and Silver Dust.
The Shadow Bite Berries can be harvested from Shadow Bite Plants, growing in the dungeon located south-west of Edron, here (you have to enter the Sewer Grate inside the Edron Flats building to cross to the other side). Inside this cave you will meet all types of were-creatures. Go down to the second floor, there will be a Shadow Bite Plant just next to the rope spot. Alternatively, there is a Shadow Bite Plant also on the second floor of Edron Earth Elemental Cave, here.
To obtain the metals, you'll need to visit the Venore Corym Cave, here (make sure you have a Pick with you before going there, Secret Service tools will not be enough). After entering the cave, go down the hole north-east, down the next hole, south and down again, then go to the north-west side of the cave and enter the teleport here. Just north of you there will be some mined Gold Nuggets and Silver Nuggets ready to be shipped away, however, you shouldn't steal the Corym Ratter's belongings right in front of him, so you will have to find some inside the mine. If you haven't done so yet. talk to the NPC to start the Hidden Threats Quest and obtain access to the interior of the Corym Mines. You can find Gold Nuggets on the room south-east of the entrance, here. Use your pick on the nuggets to mine them. To mine the Silver Nuggets, you'll have to go down the stairs north to the flower floor (talk to Corym Servant if you don't have access yet). You'll find the Silver Nuggets in a room south-west, here.
With all ingredients in hand, you are ready to prepare the cure for the were-sickness. You'll need an Alchemical Apparatus, which you can find in Sinclair's lab on the central tower. Use the Crimson Nightshade Blossoms, the Silver Dust, the Gold Dust and finally the Shadow Bite Berries on it to create your Nightshade Distillate. Deliver the potion to Daniel Steelsoul so he can start using it on Edron's citizens.
The were-sickness has also reached Cormaya, and Daniel Steelsoul wants you to help Yoem with it. Travel to the small island and talk to him at the center of the village about the curse. Yoem suspects that the village's water supply is being tainted, and will ask you to investigate the Last Sanctum, which is behind a Mystic Flame in a dungeon east of the village, here. In order to access the Last Sanctum, however, you must perform a ritual in Grimvale's dungeon.
After going down to the fourth floor, you'll be in the ruins, where you must solve the 5x5 puzzle in the center room. Pull each lever to move the white tile south of it and create a V-shape starting at the top, as pictured. After that, pull any other lever. You will hear a *click* noise, at which point an array of light will shoot downward from the roof and the white tiles will return to the top.
Now you can enter the Last Sanctum, which is also inhabited by were-sick creatures. Follow the cave to the south-west and go down the ramp. Go to the room to the north, where you'll find some Statues. When approaching the water, you'll receive a message about how the water is being tainted by the magical statues that were built there. Report this findings to Yoem, which will instruct to seek the help of the wizards from Edron. Again, find Milos and tell him about your discoveries.
Milos will explain to you his theory that the cure is not working because the were-creatures have tampered the Ley Lines that meet under Cormaya. In order to fix this, you must remove the curse that has been applied to them by using a Golden Symbol of Suon on the other end of the Ley Line, which is marked by a Dark Stone Totem. There are three Ley Lines: one towards Krailos, one towards Banuta and one towards Vengoth. This is indicated by the text written on the statues inside the Last Sanctum.
- On Krailos, the Dark Stone Totem is north-east of the village around here.
- On Banuta, the Dark Stone Totem is locates inside the southern most building, here.
- On Vengoth, the Dark Stone Totem is located just west of the Castle's gate, here.
You should receive this message after using the Suon Symbol next to a totem:
- You remove the curse that was put on this statue.
After removing the curse from all 3 totems, go back to the Last Sanctum. You'll notice that now the Water is clean again. Report this discovery to Yoem, who will be pleased with your help and instruct you to talk to Daniel Steelsoul once again.
- The water that flows into the basin stays fresh and clean now. Obviously the curse is lifted.
Daniel Steelsoul will explain to you that some were-beast leaders have been found to be responsible for spreading the disease, and he needs your help killing them. You'll find them behind magical gates located in Edron's and Cormaya's dungeons.
- Bloodback, the Wereboar leader located under Edron's cave, here.
- Darkfang, the Werewolf leader located under Edron's cave, here.
- Sharpclaw, the Werebadger leader located under Edron's cave, here.
- Black Vixen, the Werefox leader located under Cormaya's cave, here.
- Shadowpelt, the Werebear leader located under Cormaya's cave, here.
These bosses must be fought alone, but they are relatively easy. Mages and Paladins can use Fire Wall Runes to keep a distance.
After killing all 5 bosses, report back to Daniel Steelsoul. In gratitude for your help, he will gift you with a Foxtail Amulet. From now on you will also be allowed to travel between the Last Sanctum and Edron's dungeon using the Death Portals existing in both caves (here and here), which can be very useful for going back to the mini-bosses (you can fight them every 20 hours).
An Ancient Feud
Talk to Daniel Steelsoul in Edron again to learn about the new developments regarding the were sickness. Ask him about the curse and about lion. He will instruct you to talk to Domizian in Darashia, on the first floor of the building just west of the boat (here).
Investigate the Hyaena Lairs
Note: Later during the quest you will have to kill a sum of 300 Werehyaenas and Werehyaena Shamans, so it may be a good idea to kill them while doing the first missions instead of simply running around.
You can use the map below to navigate this area during the missions (click to enlarge).
Ask Domizian about the curse and he will request that you investigate the Hyaena Lair and find out more about the Werehyaenas. The entrance to the lair is just north of the city, on the location shown to the right.
First, you have to investigate three locations.
- Go to the third floor. Go south, where you'll find another whole down to the fourth floor.
- Pool of Blood: Go south again, then west, where you'll find the large pool. Make sure to walk near it so you receive a message on your screen.
- Skulls on a Stonepile: Go east until you find it. Again, walk near it to receive a message.
- Blood-stained Pagoda: Go up using the rope spot between the first two locations and walk north and then east. Here you should also receive a message.
Return to the fourth floor, and go south where you'll find the NPC A Skull. Note that you can only talk with A Skull, if it's night in Tibia - otherwise it will not reply to you. Ask it about the undead and who is their leader.
Report back to Domizian in Darashia about the undead and then go back to Rhargu.
- One Haunch of Boar which you can loot from Boars.
- One Hard-Boiled Hydra Egg. Use a regular Hydra Egg on the campfire located in the Hyaena Lairs, here.
- Five Lion's Manes. If you don't have them already, you can get 5 from the Stump on top of the entrance to Lion's Rock, here.
- Five Salted Cave Rats, for which Rhargu will give you an Empty Cask.
- Leave the Hyaena Lairs, and when back in Darashia buy a Net from Halif and 5 Salt from Mugluf, at the center market.
- Use the Net on Cave Rats to capture them. Mages can summon and capture those, but if you aren't a mage, just go to a place with many Cave Rats such as Thais' sewers. There's a 20% chance that you'll get a Salted Cave Rat. Use it on the Cask to store it there. Once the cask is full with 5 Cave Rats, return to Rhargu.
Destroy the evil site
Return to the Skulls on a Stonepile spot and use the Lit Torch (Quest) on it. Your attempt to burn will fail, however. Return to Domizian in Darashia and ask for his help to destroy the connection between the undead and the Werehyaenas. He will instruct you to enter the Lion Sanctum and perform a ritual on the torch.
Go to Lion's Rock north-west of Darashia. Before entering the cave, go on the ramp above its entrance and get a Lion's Mane Flower from the ones lying on the floor. Use the map below to reach the Lion Sanctum.
Inside Lion's Rock, go to the third floor until you find the stairs that lead into the Lion Sanctum. Go down there and to the room south-west of the stairs where there's mosaic floor, shown to the right. While standing on it, use one of the Secret Agent Tools, a Kitchen Knife, a Cleaver, a Small Axe or an Obsidian Knife on the Lion's Mane Flower to obtain Chopped Lion Mane Petals. Use the Petals on the Lit Torch (Quest) and you'll get a Lit Torch (Sparkling).
With the blessed Torch, return to the Skulls on a Stonepile in the Hyaena Lairs. Use the torch on it to finally break their connection with the undead. Report your success to Domizian by telling him about the curse.
Domizian now wants you to kill a total of 300 Werehyaenas and Werehyaena Shamans. Those you have killed so far will already be considered for this mission, so you may have already finished it. If not, return to the lair and kill them, you can follow your progress in your Quest Log. Talk to Domizian again after completing the task.
Get pardon for Domizian
Your final task will be to assist Domizian in being pardoned by the Werelions leader, Heliodor. Domizian will give you a Lion Ring which will allow you to access the second level of the Lion Sanctum. Return to the Sanctum and use the Lion Column on the south-west corner while wearing the Lion Ring to access the lower floor.
Before meeting Heliodor, however, you'll have to defeat 4 beasts to prove yourself worthy of talking to the Lion King. First, go to the south-eastern side of the Sanctum where you'll find a Slightly Feline Statue and use it. Now, go to the central room and you should be allowed through the door. Inside it there are 4 special tiles that work as teleports to each boss.
The bosses aren't much stronger than the Werelions and similar to the Werebosses of The Curse Spreads mission. Each boss will drop a unique item that you must take to proceed:
- Katex' Blood from Katex Blood Tongue
- Srezz' Eye from Srezz Yellow Eyes
- Utua's Poison from Utua Stone Sting
- Yirkas' Egg from Yirkas Blue Scales
With each beast's item, return to the Slightly Feline Statue and use it again. The items will disappear and you'll be granted access to Heliodor. Walk over the mosaic by the statue to enter his room. When inside, tell him about the curse. You will receive the Drama in Darama Achievement.
- This door, between the Sanctum and the Hyaena Lairs
- This statue on top of Lion's Rock, to the entrance of the Sanctum, here.
There are still some mysteries revolving parts of this quest. This section will contain information that may be relevant to solving the quest.
- In the ruins, there are 5 unbroken (but breakable) Wall Mirrors that can be broken with a Crowbar or any melee weapon (note: only east-facing mirrors can be broken, those facing south cannot).
- On the third floor there are a lot of Strangely Glowing Marks (Blue and Green). These are not found anywhere else so it's possible that they have some meaning to the quest.
- The books supposed to give hints are found on Grimvale and contain the following information:
The Curse of the Full Moon
The Curse Spreads
An Ancient Feud
Investigate the Hyaena Lairs
Destroy the evil site
Get pardon for Domizian