The name Dolera is suspected to be derived from the Spanish word Dolor which means "Pain".
At Christmas in 2007, Lokke Biff was given a Teddy Bear from Santa Claus, the second on the server. It now belongs to Dark Luckey, seen in his house (the first one being owned by Wonda Smith, and can be seen in her house in carlin). You can also see a Yellow Rose in the house of Dark Luckey.
Dolera was the first server to obtain Amazon Armor (again owned by Wonda Smith, who also owns the only Amazon Helmet of the server.
The server just got out of a war between Pandemonium and allies vs. Del Chaos and allies, so there is a lot of oportunity to level in peace.
It is highly suggested to join a guild upon starting Dolera.
Suggestions on how to start
Advantages and Disadvantages
- You can kill any player with no game restrictions.
- Nobody is safe. The thrill of having to flee at any time keeps the server interesting. Althought the number of players one can kill is very limited because everybody is either allied to Del Chaos or hiding in Protection Zone.
- Dolera seldom reaches 500+ players. Absolutely no queue. That's because newbies are killed all the time due to players boredom.
- Over a 1000 players die every day.
- Neither Amulets of Loss nor blessings exist.
- Lots of houses are available. But some good ones are currently rented by players who no longer play and it will be like that as long as they have money in bank.
- Many items have extremely low values and rares are hard to sell.
- Many players are untrustworthy.
- Those who are not in a respected guild are flagged as free kill.
- Dolera has no soft boots, since it is the only server that has not done the The Pits of Inferno Quest yet.