|Aliases||The Honorary Barbarian or The Ice Islands Quest|
June 26, 2007
This quest has no legend.
- Honeycomb (Probably more than one. The number of honeycombs that you will use depends on your luck).
- Three Mugs of Mead. Can be bought near Sven.
- Advisable : Dwarven ring, but read the second mission
Barbarian Test 1: Barbarian Booze
Go to Sven west of the Svargrond depot, and then go south at the crossroad (it's a large building with lots of stools); ask him about taking the barbarian test. Give him a Honeycomb by saying "mead". For each honeycomb you will be allowed 20 sips, drink from the bucket until you drink 10 sips in a row without passing out. If you pass the sip this message will appear: The world seems to spin but you manage to stay on your feet. And if you fail: The mead was too strong. You passed out for a moment. (your sprite becomes that of a dead human for a couple of seconds). You can drink as fast as humanly possible. If you don't pass, try again, by saying "mead" again and giving him another Honeycomb. If you did it this message appears: You already passed the test, no need to torture yourself anymore.
Barbarian Test 2: The Bear HuggingMead Horn (Empty). Fill it with mead from the bucket behind Sven (brown contents) and then proceed to the sleeping bear. He is here, up a set of ramps, to the east of the arena ramps; the Carpet fly-er has set up his business up these ramps however you want to go west then north past the Carpet fly-er inside a small ice cave. Once you get through the giant ice area entrance go north until you hit a wall and follow it east. Use the Full Mead Horn on the bear so it becomes unconscious, then use the bear to hug it. Doing this also gives you the achievement "Bearhugger". Report back to Sven to complete the mission.
Barbarian Test 3: The Mammoth Pushing
For the next mission you need to buy 3 mugs of mead from Dankwart (if you find some empty mugs you can fill them with beer from the cask underneath Sven, it will work too) nearby Sven. It is advisable to take a dwarven ring with you. Find the mammoth, which resides in the same icy area as the bear, but farther to the west here. Once you have found the mammoth, drink all 3 mugs of mead/beer and then use the mammoth to knock it over. Return to Sven when you have done so.
- Here is the correct location of the Mammoth and the Bear:
- Finishing this quest, you get the achievement "Honorary Barbarian".
Sven (first meeting)
You have to repeat this until you have passed the test.
Sven (second meeting)
- Fill your Mead Horn (Empty) at the bucket at Sven.
- Go to the north of Svargrond and find the Sleeping Bear.
- Use your Filled Mead Horn on the bear. After that you have to hug him. (Just use the bear).
- Return to Sven.
Sven (third meeting)
- Go to the north-west of Svargrond and find the Mammoth.
- Drink your three mugs of mead, stand in front of the Mammoth and push it. (Just use it)
- Now you will be very drunk, so it is good to carry a Dwarven Ring with you.
- Return to Sven.