- Knight: Masters of hand-to-hand combat and melee weapons.
- Paladin: Masters of distance fighting with bows and crossbows and minor magic users.
- Druid: Masters of healing and supportive magic.
- Sorcerer: Masters of aggressive and offensive magic.
Each vocation has a different amount of Capacity, Hitpoints, and Mana that is gained with each level, 45 points each level, and each vocation also has a different rate of Regeneration of Hitpoints and Mana. In addition to these, your vocation also determines the speed of advancement in certain skills:
- Knight: Advances fastest in fist, sword, club and axe fighting, shielding. Advances very slow in magic.
- Paladin: Advances fastest in distance fighting, reasonable with any other skills.
- Druid: Fastest in magic level advance and slightly better with melee than sorcerers.
- Sorcerer: Fastest in magic level advance.
The speed of advancement in fishing is equal for all vocations.
Your careful choice allows you to use vocation specific items like armors, weapons, wands/rods and also spellbooks. There are also other differences. You are advised to read the pages for each vocation before deciding which one will fit your playing style best.