Benefits and Drawbacks
The primary benefit of sword fighting is that most Sword Weapons have very comparable attack and defense values. As the attack value of the sword weapons increase, so do the defense values. They are generally lighter than Axe Weapons or Club Weapons, and there are also more sword weapons in Tibia than any other kind.
The greatest drawback to sword fighting is that strong Sword Weapons are more difficult to find (or even unobtainable, at least for now), and are slightly more expensive than other weapons.
Sword fighting can be used on almost any creature, but it is best when used against creatures that do not have a melee attack, or have a very weak melee attack. This way, you can approach them quickly and attack them. Many creatures without melee attacks will not use their distance attacks if you are right next to them, they will be to busy trying to run away from you.
Sword fighting is least effective against creatures that have strong defense or shielding, and strong melee attacks.
Another drawback is that the sword rings are difficult to loot, so it's not that cheap to buy them from other players.
Items with sword fighting bonus
Several items provide bonus to sword fighting skill. Those items are:
- Fireborn Giant Armor - +2 to sword fighting
- Shield of Corruption +3 sword fighting
- Berserk Potion - +5 to all melee skills (including sword fighting) for 10 minutes
- Sword Ring - +4 to sword fighting for 30 minutes
- Veggie Casserole - +10 to all melee skills (including sword fighting) for 1 hour
- Fireheart Cuirass +4 to sword fighting
- Frostheart Cuirass +4 to sword fighting
- Thunderheart Cuirass +4 to sword fighting
- Umbral Masterblade +3 to sword fighting
- Umbral Master Slayer +1 to sword fighting