The Tibia Client, which uses the icon Archivo:Tibia icon.png , is the program one runs to play Tibia. Speaking in general, a client is a computer system that accesses a (remote) service on another computer by some kind of network (see Wikipedia:Client (computing)).
The Tibia Client does the following:
- Connect to the game server,
- Show the situation in the game to you (as received from the game server),
- Send your actions to the server.
The client contains not only the connection software, but also a graphics interface and some other data, e.g. images.
The Tibia client is available for Linux and Windows. Depending on what you are using, the requirements are:
In any case you will need a connection to the internet.
Data stored on computer
- The client executable (the programme itself), Tibia.exe (Windows) or Tibia (Linux),
- Some game data (e.g. images),
- Your map files (*.map),
- Your configuration.
The map files are by far the most data, and their size grows as you explore the map.
The screen of Tibia client, when connected to the server, is divided into several parts:
- Game Window - main part in which all game actions take place,
- Console - where you can communicate with other players,
- Minimap - map view of area around your character,
- Inventory - here you can see your HP, mana, items and also buttons to perform some actions or to toggle modes,
- Other Windows - Skills, Battle, VIP and open containers.
Sometimes, when needed, a dialog window appears in the Game Window area.